016 - Grateful

Beginne am Anfang

He just found it unbelievable because he knows that there are girls that give cards and other stuffs to Luhan and Luhan always rejects it and Chanyeol wondered if Ji Eun knows.

He looked at Ji Eun who's answering the paper with a wide smile that radiates happiness and it would seem absurd if he told her that Luhan abandoned the pink paper bag which she gave so instead, Chanyeol just sighed and decided to keep it behind his façade.

~:~

The next day, Luhan was walking through the hallways as he made his way towards the garden when he suddenly stopped from his tracks. He then, remembered what just happened between him and Ji Eun yesterday and just by thinking of it made him cringe. It's just that he completely thought that Ji Eun is not like the other girls that are head over heels for him. He thought that she's a kind of girl that he can befriend because she's not that kind of dramatic but then, he just realized that the true Ji Eun was just hiding behind a façade. Luhan doesn't want girls like that and whenever he sees a letter in his locker, chills will automatically run down his spine. He's just not ready...

Because he was trapped in a past...

Ji Eun was seated on the bench with a pout, she was waiting for Luhan but sadly, he didn't come and it made Ji Eun's face fell. She sighed deeply and went straight to the cafeteria to look for Suzy.

She scanned the place and saw Suzy together with a tall boy with curled bronze hair. She didn't even need to wonder who he is. She drearily made her way towards them and plopped on the chair beside Suzy, making the two teenagers surprised.

"Hey," Suzy happily greeted.

Ji Eun gave a forced smile and opened her bento box.

"Why are you here?" Ji Eun asked Chanyeol since it's kind of unusual that Chanyeol will join the two of them whenever it's break time.

Chanyeol just shrugged. "It's because we're reviewing duhh. Where were you?"

"I'm at the garden. Wait, the Special Exam will start after this right?"

He nodded and took a sip from his bottled water.

Ji Eun widened her eyes. "Ahh I'm really nervous!"

Chanyeol just rolled his eyes. "So are we...Now go study while there's still some time."

Ji Eun gave him a salute and proceeded to the book that Chanyeol gave to her.

After a few minutes, the bell finally rang, disturbing the time of students with their beloved food and started to fill the hallways.

Suzy closed her bento box and fanned herself with her hand. "Omo I'm really nervous."

Chanyeol just shrugged and patted Suzy's shoulder. "You can do it. Don't you remember? We got the knack when it comes to Exams. Duhh."

Suzy chuckled and together, they bumped their fists with each other while Ji Eun, on the other hand, was quiet while her inside was completely nervous and shivering.

She was trying to do some breathing exercises when Chanyeol noticed her and how nervousness basked her face. He smirked and nudged her shoulder and Ji Eun almost jumped since she's so caught up in her own world.

"You can do it." Chanyeol said with complete assurance because he witnessed her improvement.

Ji Eun inhaled deeply and looked at Chanyeol with hopeful eyes. "You think so?"

He shrugged and locked the book between his arms. "Of course I am."

Her lips curled up into a smile. "You're right. If I passed this exam, I'll be Luhan's classmate."