1. Dauntless 225

I woke up. The moon rose high above the clouds, sending a corrupt shadow into my empty room. I could feel the walls around me, closing in on me. I reached up, and a hand came down and fingers locked around my neck.

I gasped, trying to wrench the hand off my neck, but it pressed down. I could see a gun, about a millimeter away, and every time I stretched for it, my arm fell short. My breath caught in my throat, every single breath dragging it's way out.

Struggling, I wrenched the hand off me, and fell to the floor, lying on my side, my arms sprawled in front of me. I rested my head on my arm, and a tear slid down my cheek. But I wasn't upset. This is all common to me. It's happened before.

I slow my breathing, and slowly, yet surely, say to myself, in my mind.

It's just a simulation

I jolt awake, harsh light blinding me. I feel my hands, and slowly, push myself to my feet. Shaking, I can see black dots all around my vision, and I can feel coldness creep into my from the concrete floor. I wrench the heart monitor off my chest, and glare at it. Stupid thing.

The woman, who types rapidly on a computer, signals to the guards. They grab my arms and pull me. I am too tired to resist, so I let them half walk half drag me down the long winding corridors. My feet stumble as I walk, I would try and keep track of what is happening, but I am too tired.

They lead my to a large iron door, and throw me inside. I stumble, and sit down in the middle of the floor, hearing my breath rattle in my chest. The door slams shut, and I am alone. I can see the name on the door, my name.

"Dauntless 225"

I have been in here so long, I can't remember my real name. Or I never had one. I heard about the girl who stood up to Jeanine, Tris. I wanted to be like her, to change the world. But then she died. She was put to death in Erudite, shot at the hands of her Dauntless leader. My Dauntless leader. Eric.

With the Divergent girl dead, everyone was found, they killed them all. The Factionless, the Divergents and the rebels. They shot them all. No experiments, no second chances, just death. Only one survived. Only one person stood up to them, and that person is right here.

In the same building as me.

Four.

My instructor, the one who used to help coach me, is here in this building. I know he didn't die, I know he is alive. But I don't know where he is. Maybe he ran, or maybe he didn't, but he is alive. I am sure of it.

I lie on the floor, the coldness seeping into my body, before I am lulled into a short, dreamless sleep. The sleep is not peaceful, not nice, but I need it. My body is bruised, beaten and I am tired. I am used to fights and being fought, but nothing like this. This is hardcore, hardcore that no one can escape. It's technology.

Shaken awake, I jolt my eyes open and see my escort, Banicos, staring at me. He pulls me up, and doesn't speak. I have learned that silence can't mean anything good, and that something is wrong. I try and speak, but he punches me in the shoulder, and I close my mouth. He leads my down the Erudite corridors, and past labs, all empty, apart from one.

We walk, and my bare feet barely touch the ground at his sheer strength. Without the comfort of knowing he is there and evily watching me, I would break down. At least I know something for sure. He leads my into a lab, and my blood chills.

Jeanine stands there, a clipboard in her hand, and an annoyed expression on her retched face. She doesn't wear a lab coat, but I can see a gun poking out from her belt. She is scarred, scarred of me. I grin slightly, as Banicos slams me down in a chair in front of her. I kick him, hard in the shins, and buckles slightly, before kicking my in the stomach.

I wince, and try not to cry. He stands behind me the entire time I am with Jeanine, staring straight ahead with evil little piggy eyes. Jeanine looks angry, but covers it up with he smile and cocky personality. She sits down, and formally crosses her lags.

"Evening, 225, how are you?" She says, and I laugh.

"You know how I am." I say, and she smiles wickedly. Good. I got to her.

"I am going to get staright to the point, because I don't have all day." She says, her smile faltering, replaced by a look of deep loathing.

"We have, well I have, suspicions that we may not have killed all the Divergents, but that isn't a problem." She says, and I wonder what the point of this conversation is then. She then carries on.

"As you know, Divergents are very dangerous, and, as leader, it is my duty to ensure that they don't 'breed' and make more." She says, putting emphasis on the "very". I don't respond to her, as I might reveal something to her. She thinks I am Divergent. But I am not.

"I am not Divergent" I say, and she laughs coldly. I feel chills go down my spine, and know that somehting more severe is at work.

"Oh my dear girl, it doesn't matter anymore if you are Divergent or not, they are no threat to me, they are no different from anyone else." I am very confused, but I just stare ahead, and don't look at her.

"The problem is though, that you have seen first hand what Divergents are, you have grown up with one, been near one, and are, practically, one." She says, and I realize that she knows. She knows my past.

She knows that I am the cousin of Tris Prior.

***

Chapter one done, of my Divergent FanFic! Hope you enjoyed it, I will right more, and very soon as well, but I wanted to make something clear.

The picture to the side, is off what 225 looks like.

That Tris, and everyone she knew apart from Tobias are dead, and they are actually dead. They are not gonna come back.

Also, I havn't read Allegiant yet, so I dunno if things make sense or not. Everything will be explained throughout the book, but this is going to be a long book, so enjoy!

If you know anyone who likes Divergent, tell them about this because I'd love to get some reads!

Hazelnut_Monkey