1

Chapter 1

*Nolan's POV*

I walked into the locker after our double header against the Cubs. I quickly changed out of my uniform and pulled on a pair of sweatpants and a Rockies sweatshirt and sat down in front of my locker as the reports started flooding in. I quickly grabbed my knit Rockies hat, pulling onto my head as a female reporter with long blonde hair walked over to me. I stood up and smiled at her as she cleared her throat. 

"So Nolan, how do you think today went?" The lady pointed her mic at me and I shrugged. 

"I mean, I think we did alright. I think we all wished we won both games but we still have tomorrow to come out and take the series!" I sighed, my phone ringing in my pocket. "Sorry." I laughed softly, taking my phone out of the pocket of my sweatpants looking at who was calling me, a faint smile pulling on my mouth as I pressed decline, sticking the phone back into my pocket. 

"Is there someone special in your life Nolan?" The reporter smiled brightly, looking at me with wide eyes as she tilted to microphone towards me.

"I mean, I have a lot of special people in my life!" I smirked and she laughed, nodding her head.

"Let me clarify, any special ladies that stole your heart? Possibly a girlfriend?" She sighed, tilting the mic back towards me.

"I like having my own little secrets!" I smirked at the camera, the reporter smiling brightly.

"So is that a yes?" She gulped and I shrugged.

"I don't know!" I laughed softly, my face turning red as I looked down at my feet thinking about those blue eyes that made my heart flutter. 

"What would someone need in order to be your special someone?" The lady smirked as she tilted the mic towards me. 

"Um, I don't know!" I laughed softly, nervously playing with my hands. "Someone who has no problem being themselves and someone who understands that even though I'm not always around or that there are sometimes the media portrays me as one way, they know who I really am and they can trust me!" I gulped and the girl nodded. 

"Well, hopefully you find that special lady!" The lady laughed softly and I nodded, smiling softly before she walked over to Charlie Blackmon. I took out my phone and texted back the person who had called me letting them know that I had just finished up an interview and that I'd call them in 5 minutes. DJ LeMahieu walked over, patting my back making me jump as I quickly locked my phone and he laughed, shaking his head. 

"Georgia?" He pointed to my phone and I looked down at the piece of technology, smiling softly as I nodded my head, looking over at DJ. 

"Yeah!" I laughed letting out a loud sigh. "I just want to be able to tell the world about us but, she doesn't want all the attention just yet..." I gulped and DJ laughed softly, nodding his head. 

"How long have you two been together? Three years?" DJ smirked and I nodded. 

"Threes years as of next Monday." I smiled. 

"Maybe you should talk to her about it so this way you don't have to be paranoid every time you take out your phone." DJ gestured to hand that held me cell phone and I nodded, sticking it in the pocket of my sweatshirt. 

"Yeah." I laughed softly, scratching the back of my neck. 

"And maybe you could even switch her name from George back to Georgia!" DJ smirked and I laughed loudly. 

"How'd you know?" I smiled and he shook his head. 

"I know everything Nolan!" He smirked and I nodded. 

"You have a point! I'll talk to her about it tomorrow, she'll probably be asleep when I get home but thank you DJ!" I sighed throwing my duffle bag over my shoulder. "I'll see you tomorrow." I smiled and he nodded as I walked out of the locker room.