My heart clenched at the amount of couples that were present. My face screwed in frustration at the heightened envy pumping through my veins. I could easily be one of them if I had sacked up and confessed.

Then what? Would that have changed anything?

I scrubbed a hand down my face as my mind flashed to Lennon. She looked so sad the last time I saw her and that image alone was permanently burned into my membrane. Why didn't I just see her that night as planned? Why did I have to open my phone and see that picture? What does it matter? She was with Kane Washington now.

Ugh!

Even thinking his name gave me the urge to spit at the earth. What did she see in him anyway? Was it his athleticism? The popularity? Security perhaps?

No, my Lennon wasn't like that.

But she isn't yours is she?

I was getting angry again and soon, green will be taken over by red.

Huffing deeply, I pushed off the wall and looked across the room. Focusing ahead, did I still my movements. No, it can't be. I squinted as I took a few steps forward hoping to gain some leverage on my sight. My jaw went slack at the sight before me.

Lennon.

Wow, she's full of surprises. Including her outfit which I may add looked absolutely sexy on her. And the way she swayed to the music was border line hypnotic. My body took more steps forward, soon getting lost in the swarm. I no longer cared that Washington may have her. I'd fight for her if I had to.

And for another reason that just came into play, I will do just that.

'End of POV'

~*~

The music pulsed in my chest and I could swear my brain vibrated between my ears. Bright lights flashed overhead, a temporary source of light to the dim area. A large dance floor took up a majority of the space with a raised DJ booth on the right side. On the opposite end was a wrap around bar that housed just as many people. Standing on my tip toes, I noticed a blocked off area to the back and signs for rest rooms in the corner.

Frowning slightly, I noted that there were only two emergency exits on either end. Looking to my left, I noticed Ash jumping in place and twitching her head around. I gave her a funny look at her choice of dance moves. Maybe she was having a seizure?

"Isn't it great?" She shouted over the music.

"Not sure if I'd say 'great'," I shouted back, making her shake her head in response.

"Want to get a drink?"

"Aren't you driving?"

"I mean for you! I really think you need to loosen up!" Ash stated as she pulled me away. To avoid the crowds, we flattened against the walls where space was more available.

"I'm ok being tighter than the average person!" That caused a few heads to turn, including Ash.

"Very poor choice of wording my dear," she called over her shoulder, giving me a flirty look in the process.

"Meaning?"

"Think about it sweetie!"

I kinda didn't want to think about it.

It took another five or so minutes till we reached the bar. Multiple lines greeted us which didn't stop Ash. She climbed to the front with a firm hold on my wrist. Others glared on and I did my best to ignore them. I hovered awkwardly behind Ash while she flagged down one of the bartenders.