Comfort

Sabrina POV

As Puck rocked me, I felt childish, but it was the best I had felt since we got to this awful place. Puck was okay. Puck was okay. I repeated it over and over to myself as if saying it a hundred times would make it more true. I could feel myself calm a little from my hysteria of seeing him not only moving, but standing and talking and now hugging me. I sighed as I hiccupped into his shoulder and closed my eyes. Maybe I could finally get some sleep now that Puck was conscious.

Just as I was drifting off though, I felt Puck stiffen. I pulled my head up with effort and looked at his face. He was staring at my calendar wall, as I had grown to call it. Immediately, I stiffened too.

"Is that what I think it is?"

"Yes." It came out as a hoarse whisper because of all of my crying. Plus, I hadn't really spoken in 59 days, so I'd say it was a good accomplishment for me.

I couldn't tell if he was angry because he missed so many days of his life, or if he was angry at the people keeping us in here, or if he was even angry at me, but I knew Puck. And he was livid. When he turned to look at me, I instinctively shrunk back. No one wants to be on the other end of Puck's anger, least of all, me.

Immediately, his eyes softened and he wrapped me in a tighter hug whispering how sorry he was that I had to go through this all alone, and taking care of him too. I let a few tears slip out, as they seemed to so often do now and I laid my head on his chest.

By now, I didn't think that Moth or Peter or the Hand, or whoever else, were even watching anymore, but even if they were, I didn't care. Being this close to another person, being this close to Puck, felt too amazing to care.

Suddenly, I realized where my thoughts were going and how the situation we were in was a tad embarrassing. I coughed and started to back out of his warm arms. He held fast though and looked down at me. His eyes were completely different than Moth's, which were the last ones I had seen. His eyes were caring and full of hope and shown with...what was that? Love? No it couldn't be...This was Puck. Puck was gross and pulled pranks and...and saved me and had kissed me in his room a few years ago...

Was that love that I saw? Did I want it to be love? And if I did want it to be love, what did that mean for me? Did I, dare I say it, love him?

I thought about those awful weeks when he was traveling with Uncle Jake and how I had been so weirdly happy when they had announced they were going to stay in ferrytale landing again. I thought about how even though I hated his pranks, most of them were incredibly well thought out and that means that he spent all of that time thinking about me. I thought about these last two months in this dreaded prison thinking that he was going to die and how I would give anything to make sure that wouldn't happen.

I did love him.

I loved Puck!

I came out of my inner thoughts to look at him again. He was still looking at me. We were awfully close now. I could feel his breath on my lips and I couldn't stop thinking about how amazing it felt to know that he was breathing perfectly fine again. I looked into his green eyes and he was already looking at mine. He had seen where my eyes just were and had the audacity to smirk. Ugh! That fairyboy.

"Grimm, I think the word you're looking for is 'please'."

"Oh my God, shut up!"

I grabbed his head and pulled him towards me.