chapter fifty seven

Janina's pov: As soon as the final bell of school rang, I quickly got up from my seat and rushed out of the journalism room, not even bothering to say goodbye to anyone. Which isn't unusual since I only actually talk to like four of the people in that class, plus I rarely even say goodbye to them. I practically sprinted to Sarah's locker and dragged her to her car and told her to start driving.

*time skip to being in New York City because I'm not sure what to write about the car ride there*

"Are we staying in the same hotel as them?" I asked.

Sarah nodded.

"Yeah of course." Sarah said.

"Okay cool." I said.

"So are you nervous to finally see Zach again?" She asked.

"Uh if I'm being honestly, yeah I am a little nervous..." I said with a sigh.

"That's understandable though, considering everything you two have gone through." She said.

I nodded.

"Yeah, but what if I fall for him again?" I asked.

"The real question is, have you gotten up since the last time you fell for him?" She questioned.

I bit my lower lip and thought about her question. Maybe I haven't completely gotten back up. I know I wasn't fully over him, but was I still madly in love with him?

"Maybe I haven't, but I'm no sure." I finally said after a few moments.

She nodded and stayed silent as we pulled into the hotel. She gave the valet her car keys then we got our stuff and went inside the hotel. We both went up to the desk and checked into our rooms. We both decided we wanted to get separated rooms cause Daniel was probably gonna just stay with her so it'd be best if I had my own separate room. As soon as I got into my hotel room, I flopped down on the bed and sighed contently. Then there was a knock on my door, I groaned and got up. I walked over to the door and looked in the peep hole to see Zach standing there. His hands were in his front pockets and he was slight rocking back and forth on the heels of his feet. He was looking down at his shoes. I opened the door and right away Zach's head snapped up. His beautiful brown eyes looked into mine. I leaned against the door frame and smiled.

"Hi, bud." I said.

"Can I have a hug?" Zach asked with his arms out wide.

"Of course." I said as I hugged him.

He wrapped his arms around my lower back and I wrapped mine around his neck.

"I've missed you so much." He whispered in my ear, sending shivers down my back.

"I've missed you too." I mumbled softly into his shoulder.

He pulled slightly away from our hug and looked me in the eyes.

"Can we go to the rooftop like we used to do?" He asked.

I nodded.

"Sure, just let me grab my key card." I said as I fully pulled away from him and walked back into my hotel room to grab it.

I quickly grabbed my key card then walked back out of my room, closing the door behind me.

"Okay, let's go." I said as I headed towards the elevators.

Zach quickly followed after me.

-Rooftop-

I walked over to the ledge's railing and leaned against it. Zach came and stood beside me.

"So is Kaylie here?" I asked looking over at him.

He stayed silent for a moment, but then nodded his head.

"Yeah, she is." Zach said.

"Is she sharing a room with you?" I asked.

"Yeah." He said.

"Why?" I asked.

"It's-" He started to say, but then paused to think.

"It's just complicated." He finally said.

He sighed.

"Did you two end up getting back together, even after what you told me?" I asked.

"It's complicated." He stated.

"How is it complicated?" I asked.

"Because I may sort of be with her, but I'm in love with you." He said.

I rolled my eyes.

"You are such a liar." I scoffed.

"And don't say you aren't because you said you would never get back together with her, but yet you still did get back together with her." I continued.

"I'm sorry." He mumbled.

"Sorry doesn't cut it, Zach." I said.

"I want to stay friends with you, but do you realize how hard it is for me?" I asked.

"Of course I realized, it's just as hard for me!" He yelled.

I shook my head.

"I'm not the one who cheated though." I said.

"And I know I can't avoid you forever since I want to stay in the other boys lives, but I really hate that I am so in love with you that I just end up forgiving you and just getting hurt more and more each time." I continued.

"I don't know, if I can handle getting hurt again." I added.

"I'm sorry." Zach mumbled before walking away and leaving me all alone on the rooftop.