Chapter Eleven - The Search Pt. 3

A cry of alarm came from the water tribe siblings as they watched the lightning flying right towards Iris. Zuko immediately wrapped the lightning with his two fingertips. He directed the lightning down at his stomach and then on the sky from the other hand.

Smoke flew off his clothes and some of his hair stood straight from the electricity that had passed through his body. Zuko still remained in his stance.

"Did you forget, Azula? I know how to deal with your lightning!" Zuko shouted angrily at his sister.

"Whoa, I think I might get scared of you again," Sokka said from behind.

Zuko got off his stance and run back at Iris who was standing half shocked, behind. He immediately pulled her in a tight hug, sighing in relief. Iris relaxed in his arms and she wrapped her hands around his neck letting all the tension disappear. She took a few deep breaths trying to calm herself.

Zuko pulled back cupping her face, his gaze meeting hers with worry.

"I thought I'd die," Iris said, for the first time in her life finding herself scared of death... Scared of death, me?! What is wrong with me...?!

"Don't scare me like that," Zuko said caressing her cheek. The fear, the worry... even the thought of losing her kept tormenting him. He pressed a gentle kiss on her forehead and Iris nuzzled in his neck, her hands still shaking from the shock. "I would never let anyone harm you," Zuko said assuredly.

"I know," Iris said softly pulling back.

"Zuzu, how could you be so naïve?!" Azula shouted from behind.

"You're right, I've been naïve," Zuko said and then he turned at Katara, Sokka and Iris saying "Take her down!"

"Gladly," Katara said bending the water out of her pouch.

"It's about time," Sokka said excitedly taking the boomerang off its case at his back.

"Guys, stop! Aang's going to bring the spirit here, we can't cause any disturbance!" Iris shouted at her friends and she bent an earthly trap around Azula's body so she couldn't move.

"She's right, stop!" A voice hard from behind and everyone turned around only to see Aang waking up and walking towards them.

"Aang, you're back!" Katara said happily getting off her stance and bending the water back in her pouch.

"Whew! It's just you, Aang. This forest is so creepy, I half expected another creepy face," Sokka said letting out a sigh of relief.

"You mean like those?" Aang asked pointing in the pool where many different faces floated in.

"Gah!" Sokka shouted startlingly taking a glance at the floating faces.

"Listen to Iris, everybody, No more fighting, we're about to have a visitor," Aang said pointing at the pool.

Suddenly, it came out a huge spirit with lots of non-eyed faces in each side. "I am the Mother of Faces, through me separateness came into the world. Through me, came identity. The one became the many. I am a generous spirit, softhearted and kind," she said with her mighty voice.

"Maybe she knows where my mother is," Zuko said looking at Iris and Aang.

"Spirits know a lot of things," Iris answered.

"You should definitely ask," Aang added.

"Each season, I grant one favor to one human. You may make your request now," The Mother of Faces said.