I kissed the top of Darren's head "I'm so glad you did; I missed my boys"

Thurston stood up and extended his hand to Liam "I'm Thurston Davis"

Liam shook his hand "Colton couldn't stop raving about how great of a producer you are; I'm really glad you're helping Gracie with her masterpiece album"

"When I heard that Gracie was thinking of working on a third album, I immediately went to Simon. I wanted to work on this album, especially after seeing her perform live"

"You were at one of the shows?"

He nodded "Yeah, I think it was the first one that Niall played the guitar. I heard her perform her song Thank You For Breaking My Heart, and I knew that whatever she worked on next was going to be big"

"No pressure there" I laughed, looking at Liam "What do you and the boys have planned?"

"Just hanging around at Niall's, maybe play some video games; I swear they want to see Darren more than me, so I'm just the chauffeur"

I smiled "I don't blame them for wanting to see him"

"Well we're going to record a song and work on some vocals today, then  I'm all set to come home" I looked at Thurston "Right?"

He nodded "Yeah"

"I won't be at Niall's for too long, so hopefully I get back around the same time"

"You don't have to rush" I smiled "I know you miss them, and Darren is always so happy when he sees Louis"

Liam picked up Darren's baby bag "Okay" he kissed me softly before putting Darren back in the carrier "Say goodbye to mummy" he took Darren's hand and waved at me.

"Bye, baby" I smiled "You two have fun"

After they left, Thurston looked at me "What song do you want to work on?"

"That Pain" 

He nodded "Let's get going then"

I got in the recording booth and took a deep breath. This was my first time recording for this album, and it was exciting. 

"You ready?" Thurston asked over the microphone.

I nodded "Let's do it"

(Play Video)

Following through
Through all the people I am thinking of you
Riding the waves
And all the fancy silk I'm slipping away
Through and through

My heart
My heart
Knows me better than I know myself
Washing words clean from my mouth
That pain
That pain
Suddenly has left my brain
Raining color candy cane

So what's the point in wishing you're done?
Where does everyone have to go this time
Why we always walking the line?
Chains, stones to the ground
Nothing's there to hold you down

Whatever we do
Who we someday become
We already are that now
And if it's a dream
Stop it from waking me

My heart
My heart
Knows me better than I know myself
Washing words clean from my mouth
That pain
That pain
Suddenly has left my brain
Raining color candy cane

So what's the point in wishing you're done?
Where does everyone have to go this time?
Why we always walking the line?
Chains stones to the ground
Nothing's there to hold you down

Way out find your way out
It's the only light I'll see [x2]

My heart
My heart
Knows me better than I know myself
Washing words clean from my mouth

So what's the point in wishing you're done?
Where does everyone have to go this time?
Why we always walking the line?
Chains stones to the ground
Nothing's there to hold you down

Thurston started clapping, making me laugh "Gracie, we're going to strike gold with this album"

"You think so?"

"Absolutely"

I smiled and started thinking about everything that would come with this album, and how if I had to leave something of my career behind it would be this album.

"You think you got another take in you?"

"I have several" I smiled.

He nodded "Let's get to it then"