11.00 22 July

So I just found Hamilton today? I have listened to the entire soundtrack three times just today. (I think that's about 7 hours? Yeah, that sounds right...) If you want to talk about it just dm me. Also, I was listening to my playlist of sad songs by Ed Sheeran while writing this so that's why I included one of his songs instead of a One Direction one. Anyway, on with the story.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hush now, close your eyes before the sleep, and you're miles away, and yesterday you were here with me..." - Autumn Leaves, Ed Sheeran

They were sat on a wooden bench in an empty park. The pair were not saying anything to each other, just pretending to admire the clouds and not each other's faces. If anyone else was with them, they would be shouting at how oblivious the two were to each other. They had no idea how much they liked each other, each feeling that they were in the friend-zone but desperately wanting out.

"Where are we going next?" Harry asks her softly.

"I have no idea. Is there anywhere you want to go?" She says, looking over to him.

"We could go to my flat in Manhattan."

"You realise that's a 40 car drive right?" She says incredulously.

"We could fly. Please don't refuse. It was my idea, therefore I should pay for it."

She huffs and slowly agrees to his plan. Grinning, he pulls out his phone and makes a few calls to get his private jet ready.

"Wait. Harry, what are we going to do about my car?" She says concerned.

"I can get someone to drive it back to your house if you would like."

"Thank you." She says, smiling gratefully at him.

---

After a few hours, they were about halfway through their plane ride to Manhattan. Harry was currently snuggled up into Townes' side. He reminded her of a small little puppy.

She had her earbuds in so she could listen to music without disturbing her companion. Today, she was in the mood for All Time Low and watch the landscape out the small plane window.

She still felt guilty for letting a Harry pay for all of this. She already had to let him pay for all of the motels they stayed in. Her bank account was just too low to cope with that.

Sighing, she started absentmindedly stroking her hand through Harry's brown curls. It brought her a sense of relaxation, which eventually led to her slowly falling asleep as well.

---

Harry smiled while watching Townes stare out the cars' window, looking up at the tall windows. He liked her a lot. Too much for someone he just met. He knew that they couldn't be. He was leaving too soon from now for that to happen.

The car turned into the underground parking lot that was connected to his building. They thanked the driver, and got out, walking over to the elevator. Harry turned his key in the penthouse lock and pushed the button once it lit up.

"Thank you for all of this Harry. You've given me the adventure of a lifetime." Townes said, smiling up at him.

"Thank you, Townes, for driving us around, for your jokes, and for being a great person." He said, grinning back at her.

The doors opened to reveal Harry's beautiful New York apartment.

"It's beautiful," Townes whispered, stroking her hand over a couch cushion.

"I can't take credit. An interior designer did all of this." He says, coming up behind her.

"If you did it, it would end up looking like a grandma's retirement home. Floral would be absolutely everywhere." She jokes, smiling widely at the boy who had started to give her so much joy. The lonely girl was starting to feel less lonely.

"Oh haha. Comically genius you are Jones." He says sarcastically.

"Says you."

"Touché."

---

They ordered Chinese takeout for dinner. They had been eating their noodles on the lounge, sharing stories with the radio playing quietly in the background. Harry had lit the stone fireplace that was in the living room. Townes was interrupted from the telling of a childhood story when Harry got up and set down his carton.

"Dance with me, Jones." He says, offering her a hand.

"I suck at dancing." She says as she takes his hand.

"Don't worry. So do I." He says smiling down at the beautiful brunette girl he had been adventuring with. He turned up the radio as Autumn Leaves by Ed Sheeran started to play.

'Another day, another life
Passes by just like mine
It's not complicated'

"I love this song," Townes says against his chest. They were rocking back and forth to the tune of the beautiful song in the background.

'Another mind, another soul
Another body to grow old
It's not complicated'

"So do I," Harry whispers back into her ear. As the chorus begins, he drops one of her hands, twirling her around slowly.

'Do you ever wonder if the stars shine out for you?
Float down
Like autumn leaves
And hush now
Close your eyes before the sleep
And you're miles away
And yesterday you were here with me'

The pair continues until the music fades away. The apartment goes silent when the radio is turned off. They sit back down on the lounge wordlessly.

"Townes?" Harry whispers huskily to her.

"Yes, Harry." She says breathlessly.

"Can I kiss you?" He asks looking at her directly. She nods as he leans down, slowly connecting their lips.

Harry's lips felt rough as the moved against Townes' own, send shivers down to her spine.

They were definitely out of the friend-zone.