8.00 21 July

"It's been so long, it's been so long, you must be fireproof, cause nobody saves me baby, the way you do..." - Fireproof, One Direction

Townes woke up to sun streaming into the back of her car. The light, mixed with her hangover, had caused her to get a torturous migraine.

"Styles, wake the fuck up," she says quietly to the asleep popstar in the passenger seat.

He groggily opens his eyes and smirked at his friend, "Hungover Jones?"

"Shut up. You have a license right?" She throws him the keys from her pocket. "I don't care what country it's from, just drive me to a pharmacy." She sits back and covers her face with the blanket she slept with the night before.

Harry chuckles and switches seats into the right side. Quickly pulling up Google Maps, he finds the directions to the closest open pharmacy and set off.

They arrived ten-ish minutes later much to Townes' delight. Harry runs in and returns to her with some Panadol, sunglasses and a bottle of water. He passes the plastic bag to her, which she gladly accepts.

She swallowed the pills and slipped the sunglasses into her face, through her matted hair. Standing up, they decide to walk around to the cafe across the street to find breakfast and caffeine.

The cafe was open for business so it could catch all the 9-5 workers as they set out to their various offices for the day. Despite the rush of people, the tables were relatively empty. They all wanted the take away option to drink on their walks to work.

Townes and Harry ordered and sat down at the back booth table. They each bought a coffee and some sort of breakfast sandwich the cafe offered.

"How's the head?" Harry asked as he sipped his hot drink.

"Crappy. Thanks for asking." She replied. "I didn't do anything too embarrassing did I? Oh god I regret keeping alcohol in my car."

"No nothing too embarrassing, don't worry." He said, smiling at her. "You do ramble quite a lot though."

"Oh fuck. What did I say this time?"

"Apparently I smell like home. It was actually kind of cute." He grins at her.

"Oh yeah. Real adorable."

---

Later that day, Townes had mostly recovered from the extravagant amount of drinking the night before. The pair decided to invest in some cheap swimsuits and go back to the beach to swim.

They walked back down the hill onto the sand, Townes' new sunglasses blocking out the bright sun from her migraine.

The dropped their towels halfway down the sand before running into the cold, clear blue water. Townes wadded out until she was chest deep before letting her muscles relax in the ocean water.

Harry joined her soon later. He sank down under the surface and grabbed her legs, causing her to scream.

"You prick!" She said as she slapped him a few times on the shoulder. He grinned at her, laughing hard at her reaction.

She then started laughing at his hair. After it had gotten wet, it had lost all its volume and become straight, hanging around his face like a mop.

"What? Why are you laughing?" Harry says worriedly.

"Your hair. You look like a mop. It's gone all weird and straight." She says, still giggling.

"Ironic huh." He says, causing her to laugh even more.

"The jokes never stop with you do they?" She says rhetorically.

"No. They do not."

---

The sun had set and the pair were now swimming by moonlight. There had been splash fights and contests to see who could hold their breath the longest, to which Townes could say she was the sore loser of. Damn Harry and his breathing control.

They swam towards the shore, finally deciding that seven hours of swimming was probably enough. They wrapped themselves up in their towels and walked back up to Townes' car.

"Motel?" Townes asks.

"God yes. That seat is deceivingly uncomfortable." Harry answers.

They get inside, Townes turning on some Paramore, and drive to the nearest motel. It wasn't much, one of the nicer motels they had stayed in along their trip. The room was decently sized and had free wifi and a large television.

"What's your favourite movie?" Harry asks Townes as he searches through Netflix.

"Perks of Being a Wallflower." He turns it on before they settle down on the comfy bed to watch the movie.

---

"That's a really sad movie," Harry whispers to her once the movie had finished.

"Glad you agree. It has an extraordinary plot though." She replies.

"Extraordin-Harry." He jokes.

"Oh my god. Just stop." She groans at his horrific pun.

"Never." He whispers back.