Chapter 25

You were about halfway through your journey when the boys began there usual fighting. You were surprised they had gone so long without irritating each other at first but regretted such a thought when they started yelling.

"Toad face."

"Tiny dick"

"Uneducated swine"

"Fucktard"

There insults went on and on and got worse the more you listened. So you decided not to listen. You be began to think about the mission at hand. 'Shinobi are starting to know more and more about our "secret" organisation. I wonder how they get this information. Nobody outside of the grouo could have possibly known about our old base. Well so I thought... Not even he would've know. I shouldn't think about him. Orochimaru is old news and he's no longer apart of my life.' You kept on thinking about the plan you guys had developed on your first night of camping in the woods. It'd been 3 days since you set off from the base and 3 more days of walking awaited you.

You spotted a clearing up ahead that was perfect for a campsite; you decided it was time to but into the annoying yells of your teammates.
"Are you two dimwits going to shut up for 10 minutes and help me set up camp? Or are you going to be little bitches and continue your childish nonsense?"

You're voice startled them, you had been so quite for hours they had forgotten you were there. Hidan went to retaliate but you saw him close his mouth once he saw how irritated you were. He can be a good boyfriend at times.

"It wasn't nonsense but yes, we shall help with the camp" Kakuzu responded in his usual monotone voice.

Kakuzu went to collect firewood leaving you and Hidan alone to collect berries and other things for food. You were both plagued by silence until Hidan spoke up

"You've been really fucking quite for the past day, whats wrong?" He asked sounding weirdly concerned, you were stillnot used to his nice side.

"...I'm fine" You hesitated. You were fineish. The details of this mission just bothered you.

"What's up? You better spit it the fuck out" Hidan said in a more demanding tone.

You sighed and decided it was better to tell him.

"Well its just the fact that our old base was discovered in the first place. All traces of us were gone and our base burried by tons of sand... it just doesn't make sense. I keep thinking it has something to do with Orochimaru." You say all in one long painful breath.

Hidan looked at you in shock at first, but then his eyes softened at he pulled you into a hug.

"Its weird seeing you look worried. You better wipe that look right off your face as I'm here to protect you. No matter who or what comes at us I will protect you. I promise"

You were surprised. Shocked. Utterly astounded. Hidan always knows what to say but whenever he had his nice moments like this it always surprises you. It reminded you of why he was your boyfriend in the first place.
You looked up to his beautiful pink eyes, grabbed his face and brought him in for a kiss. He kissed you back instantly and you stayed like that for a quick minute before returning to collecting food.

----------------------------------------------
I'm the worst, I know! I haven't uploaded in months and I didn't forget about the story, I just had some serious writers block. But I'm back! And I hope to upload much much MUCH more frequently! Thank you if you stuck around and I hope you liked this short but sweet chapter!