Chapter 9

Mitchie's neighborhood (Sunday afternoon)

Mitchie's P.O.V.:

I was still sad to be leaving camp. Despite all of the drama, I was really happy I got to go and wouldn't change one second of it. This summer held some of the best moments of my life.

And now I have to return to reality. At least I have a better half to it now. I thought thinking back to saying goodbye to my friends as I stared out the window.

Flashback:

Everyone was moving really slow trying to prolong the departure to come. I'm not the only one who wants to stay.

My friends, minus Shane, had all piled into Sierra, Cait, and I's cabin really early and from that point we were all attached to one-another's hip. Even little Sarah was being cooperative. She didn't throw any fits at being woken up or getting dressed. She just went along with all of us and enjoyed even more attention that was being thrown at her by all of the friends we'd made during camp. Jason was the worst.

"You're gonna miss me right?" he asked looking sad at the thought of being forgotten.

"Yes, Jase, she will miss you! Everyone's going to miss everyone! Stop asking!" yelled Nate, finally blowing up. It was the twelfth time he'd asked. Sarah just laughed and hugged Jason.

From that point on, things went smoothly. When the time to start leaving came everyone hugged and made sure they had each other's numbers before anyone was allowed to walk away. Sierra, Michael, and Jared left first. We all hugged and agreed to meet up later before the end of the week. They hugged and shook hands with the guys, too.

"Tell Shane we said bye, whenever he wakes up," said Sierra, turning to leave.

"I will," promised Nate.

Caitlyn was next to leave, but not before tackling me and Sarah into a bear-hug.

"I'm going to miss you guys so much!" she said dramatically causing us to laugh.

"We'll miss you too. Call us, maybe we can meet up and hang out," I said releasing Caitlyn from her hug but Sarah had other ideas.

"Please stay." She said with her cute puppy-dog eyes and an adorable pout going.

"Aw, I wish I could sweet heart, but I have to go home," said Caitlyn with a small frown. The powers of a three year old are astounding!

"Okay," said Sarah in a quiet, defeated voice an even bigger pout in place.

"Mitchie," groaned Caitlyn looking guilty.

I laughed as I took Sarah back from her and placed her on my hip. "It's alright, she'll be fine. She does this every time she says bye to somebody she likes," I told her trying to lessen her guilt. "You'll see her again, it's okay." I told Sarah rocking her a little.

"Promise?" she asked her voice muffled from her face being burrowed into the side of my neck.

"I promise."

She cheered up a little at that and said goodbye to Caitlyn one last time before she got into her parents car to leave.

"And then there were 5," said Shane who was laughing at the exchange that'd occurred between Sarah and Caitlyn.

"Hi sleeping beauty. Nice to see you've joined the rest of the world." I said laughing.

"Har har, very funny," he said dryly. "Hi Sarah, how are you?" he asked, tickling her.

"I fine," she said laughing.

"Are you going to miss me?"

"Oh my God!" Nate groaned in exasperation as he walked away.