Chapter five: The confession

Alex
Great just great. Chase just had to take his girlfriend to this restaurant. There are like a thousand others but no, he had to pick this exact one.

I hoped they wouldn't spot us and ruin the moment but surprise surprise they did.

They saw us, waved and started making their way to our table.

"Hey guys. We didn't know you were also here," Susan said.

"Yeah," Chase said looking at me.

"Well here we are," Samantha said. I could see the discomfort and annoyance in her eyes and hear it in her voice. She was as annoyed as I was.

"Well since we're all here we should sit together. Let's get a bigger table," Susan said, totally oblivious to the moment she had just ruined.

"Um babe, I think we should find another table. Let's let these two be," Chase said, realizing the situation.

"Oh," Susan said, realizing it to, "Yeah let's find our own table."

They left and found a table not too far from ours. It was going to be so awkward.

"So what did you want to say?" Samantha asked.

Right. That.

"Well like I said, I know you're new and everything and I don't want you to feel intimidated or anything."

"Yes yes."

"But the first time I saw you I felt drawn to you. You haven't left my mind since then. When I'm around I become speechless. I don't know what to say. You make my heart beat faster. So what I'm trying to say is, I'm in love with you."

She stayed silent and just looked at me with shock on her face.

Great. She probably doesn't like me back.

"But if you-"

"I love you too."

"It's fi- wait what?"

"I said I love you too."

Oh my gosh. She likes me! I swear my heart just did a happy dance.

I was speechless. What could I say?

"So will you be my girlfriend?"

"Yes."

I stood up from my chair and went to give her a hug. She stood up too and hugged me back. We shared a kiss after that.

Our waitress appeared ready to take our food orders and just like that the moment was over.

"Let's see," Samantha said returning to her seat and picking up her menu, "I'll have an omelette with no chips on the side. What will you have love?"

"I'll have the same."

The waitress wrote down our orders and quickly went to kitchen. Leaving us in peace.

I looked over to Chase and Susan's table and sure enough, they were watching us.

They turned away when they saw that I had caught them. Real smooth guys, real smooth.

***

Chase
"Looks like she said yes," I said.

"Yeah. Wait did you know he was gonna ask her here and now?" Susan asked me.

"Yeah. He told me but I wasn't sure he would actually do it."

"Babe! Why would you bring me here knowing that was going to happen? It's so awkward."

"I wanted to eat. And I felt like Mugg & Bean food."

"Really."

"Yes."

"Whatever."

We stayed silent for a while, watching the new couple.

"So let's talk about us," Susan said breaking the silence.

"What about us?"

"Like where do we stand right now?"

"What do you mean?"

"Nevermind."

"Okay?"

"Is there anything you'd like to tell me?" she asked me.

"Not really why?"

"No reason, just asking."

"Okay? Babe, is there something wrong?"

"No nothing. Everything's fine."

It sure didn't sound like it.

"Babe do you want to tell me anything?"

Just then my phone rang. It was my little sister Kirsten. Ugh.

"I have to take this," I said as I stood up to take the call.

"No problem."

I walked away and answered the call.

"What?"

"Hi Chase. How are you?" my sister said.

"I'm fine and trying to have a meal with my girlfriend. What do you want?"

"Oh nothing. Just wanted to say that I'm done at my friend's place and I need you to pick me up."

"Ugh. Can't you ask mom or dad?"

"Do you really want me to do that?"

No I didn't. My parents would just give me a lecture about how I'm neglecting my sister and I'd end up having to fetch her anyway.

"Fine. I'll be there soon."

"Thanks."

"Yeah whatever."

I ended the call and made my way back to the table.

"Umm babe, I have to go fetch my sister from her friend's house so...."

"Oh I understand. It's cool."

"I'm sorry."

"Why?"

"Because I have to cut our date short."

"It's fine."

"I promise I'll take you out later."

"Okay."

We hadn't ordered anything yet so we just left.

We got to the car and drove in silence to get my sister. We only drove in silence because Susan didn't talk and I didn't know what to say.

I wonder what was up with her?

She was acting....weird.

What was bothering her?

Did I do something wrong?

We got to my sister's friend's house and waited for her outside. She came out, put her stuff in the boot and sat in the backseat.

"Hey Chase. Oh you brought your girlfriend," she said as she closed the door.

"Of course I did. We were in the middle of something that you interrupted by calling me to fetch you," I said not hiding the annoyance in my voice.

"Whatever," she said as she pulled her phone out.

We were quiet for the rest of the ride.

******

Hey guys

Samantha and Alex got together! Yay! But it looks like there's trouble in the land of paradise for Chase and Susan....

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Xoxo
Samlebenya21