Chapter four: First day of classes

Samantha
Susan pestered me all night trying to find out what happened last night.

The boys had finally left after a while and Susan and I watched a movie then went to bed. Well I tried to sleep but it was almost impossible with Susan asking me what happened. She finally gave up when she saw that nothing happened. Obviously.

We got up early the next morning around 06:00 and Susan came to my room to chill. My first class was only at 08:00 but Susan was an early bird. And I wasn't sleepy anyway. She woke me up and we started talking about life and love.

"So how are things between you and Chase?" I asked.

"Things are great. He's the best boyfriend ever," she replied.

"What happened yesterday?"

"When?"

"When you guys went to "get peanut butter and jam"?"

"Oh, we just got into the car and went for a drive."

"Oh. Anything interesting happen?"

"You didn't give me your juicy details so don't expect me to give you mine."

"Come on. I told you, nothing happened. It was actually kind of awkward."

"I don't understand why you guys are making this so difficult for yourselves."

"I'm not making it difficult!"

"Yes you are. And he is too."

"Whatever."

"You know I'm right."

I stayed silent. I knew she was. But it wasn't exactly easy. How do you tell someone you like them? And anyway the guy is always supposed to make the first move.

We talked for a while then got up when we saw it was 07:00. We got out of bed and started getting ready for school. I had cereal while I waited for Susan to finish in the shower.

Susan's phone rang in her room so I decided to answer it since she was busy.

"Hello?"

"Hey babe," said a male voice on the other side. I hadn't read the caller ID before I answered but I quickly realized I was talking to Chase.

"Sorry, this isn't Susan, it's Samantha."

"Oh. Where is she?"

"She's in the shower. Do you want me to pass on a message?"

"Nah. Just tell her I called but I'll talk to her at school."

"Okay."

He ended the call just as Susan walked in.

"What's up?" she asked.

"Oh, I heard your phone ring so I decided to pick it up for you."

"Oh okay. Who was it?"

"It was Chase. He said to tell you that he called but that he'll talk to you at school."

"Oh okay."

"Yeah. Well I'm gonna go take a shower so..."

"Yeah okay."

I left the room and went to take a shower. By the time we were ready to go it was 07:45.

***

Samantha
I made it to class on time. I walked in just as everyone else was and guess who I saw as I walked in. Alex. What was he doing in my accounting class? This was going to be the longest two hours of my life.

And how lucky I was to see that the only seat available was next to him. Yay me.

I took my seat as the lecturer greeted us and started teaching. I opened my books and laptop and started doing the work he gave us.

Alex passed me a note while I was in the middle of my work.

Meet me outside after class

Alex

I looked at him and mouthed 'okay' before putting the note in the pocket of my black jeggings and getting back to work.

The class finally ended and I quickly packed up my things and walked out. I ran into Alex as I walked out. He had gotten out before me and was obviously waiting for me.

"So what's up?" I asked.

"Nothing I just wanted to talk."

"About?"

"Do you have another class after this?" he asked ignoring my question.

"Not until 14:00 why?"

"Would like me to take you out for breakfast?"

"I've already eaten."

"Come on. Just let me take you out."

I thought about it for a moment.

"Fine."

"Great. Let me help you with your bag."

I let him take my bag and we walked to his car. He had a silver Mercedes.

We drove to Mugg & Bean. When we arrived we found a seat and placed our drink orders. I ordered a cuppacino and he ordered the same.

"So what did you want to talk about?" I asked. The whole ride here we didn't really talk so I was curious.

"Oh um...."

"Yes?"

"Well I-"

He was cut off by our waitress bringing us our drinks. She put them down and said she'd be back to take our food orders.

"So?" I asked getting a bit annoyed. If he was going to say what I thought he was going to say then can he just say it already! If he wasn't then he was playing a sick game.

"Well I know you're new and everything and I don't want you to feel intimidated or anything..."

"Yes," I said urging him to carry on.

"But I-"

He stopped. I could see he was looking past me and I turned around to see what he was looking at.

Susan and Chase had just walked into the restaurant.

******

Hey guys

Alex just can't seem to be able to tell Samantha what he wants to tell her! And Susan and Chase walking in certainly doesn't help matters.

What do you think Alex wants to tell Samantha anyway?

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Xoxo
Samlebenya21