Chapter 8.

"She doesn't like carrots, or oranges, or anything orange really. Her favourite cereal is really soggy cornflakes, just do ham sandwiches with no crusts for lunch and milk makes her gassy so try avoid it except for with her cornflakes. She's toilet trained, but will need help so if you hear her say anything that sounds remotely like toilet take her. Am I forgetting anything? Bedtime is at seven, and--"

"Rian," I chuckled, "I know, I have it all under control. Don't I Effy?" I tickled Effys tummy as she sat happily on my hip and she giggled, nodding her head as she bounced up and down.

"Daddy!" she squealed, reaching out for Rian and waving her arm around. Rian grasped her little hand in his and smiled. He bent down to her level and tapped her on the nose.

"Be good for Aunty Andie," he smiled and she nodded, her eyes wide with glee. "Daddy will see you after kindy on Monday okay?"

"Yep, yep, yep!" she yelled, wriggling around and my grip tightened around her small body.

Rian stood back up and sent me a grateful smile, "thank you so much for doing this. It means the world to me."

"Anything for you Rian. Effy and I are going to have lots of fun this weekend aren't we?" I looked down at Effy and she nodded. "Text me if you need anything at all through the weekend," I stated, "and I'll send a Postmates right to you."

"And you let me know if this munchkin plays up," Rian ruffled Effys hair and she bounced upwards and tried to reach for his. "Thanks again, I don't know what I'd do without you." He checked his watch and let out a solemn sigh, "I ought to go."

He turned towards the door and pulled it open, waving back at Effy before leaving and shutting the door behind him. I looked down at Effy who was clinging onto my hair, her big brown eyes blinking right back at me, "I'm hunny!"

She patted her tummy and I walked with her on my hip into the kitchen. I slid her into the high chair Rian had brought around and she jumped up and down with her arms in the air, "out! Out! Out!"

"Effy, I thought you were hungry, if you want food you'll have to sit patiently in your chair and wait for it."

Effy pouted, "toy?"

I nodded and left her in the seat as I wandered into the lounge and picked up the bag of toys. I grabbed a few in my arms and headed back into the kitchen and dropped them onto the tray of the high chair.

"What do you want for dinner Effy?" I asked, leaning against the bench and contently watch her play with two dolls, one in each hand. She was by far the cutest three year old I'd ever seen, not that I'd seen many. She was identical to Lily, who was supermodel material herself. Like her mother Effy had big brown eyes, long lashes, a cute wee button nose, full lips and a head of wavy taupe hair. She had Rians face shape though, square jaw, but her baby fat made the sharpness barely noticeable.

"Chocerate cake!"

"Silly billy," I placed my hands on my hips and shook my head, "you can't possibly have chocolate cake for dinner! That's a special treat."

Effy dropped one of her dolls and patted the side of her face, "I fink, I fink... Spag booger!"

"Spag booger?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Noodies and sauce!" she squealed, jumping up and down again. How could one child be so energetic? Her constant movement was making me anxious, I was terrified I'd turn my back and she'd have jumped her way onto the floor. But I couldn't let her out because the house wasn't baby proof and I didn't want her waddling around getting up to mischief when I couldn't see her.

"Ah, spaghetti bolognese," I laughed, toddlers really had their own language. I headed to the pantry and pulled the door open and grabbed out the spaghetti noodles. It was only four but by the time I finished cooking and she'd finish eating it would be her bath and bedtime. I chucked the noodles into a pot and added water and turned on the stovetop.