"it's best enjoyed by two people coming back from work on a cool night.... Pretty please " she begs pushing out her lower lip and squinting her eyes.

That face!

"I'll only stand by while you eat" I say coming down and I hear her excited giggles.

We walk to the stand where the potatoes were sold.  The area didn't look clean but old and somewhat dirty.

Fresh,hot, boiled potatoes were displayed while people tried picking their best. 

Emiliana jogged excitedly and beamed at the elderly woman while tucking her hair behind her ear.  She turned to me and gestured for me to come but I shook my head telling her I was fine.

That place wasn't healthy.

She sighed and jogged towards me pulling my hands and dragging me to the stand like a little child.

"which is the best sir" she asks looking up at me.  Why did she have to call me sir here?

I pick a large hot one and she licks her lip and shouts across to the woman who had turned around trying to boil more potatoes.

"two of these please " she smiles and the woman nods and takes two sticks carefully putting the potato through it.

"wow,  I have good luck.  You are the sixth couple to come here today" she smiles as I hand her the money and tell her to keep the change.  She smiles more and keeps on talking.

"you both are so young,  do you have any children yet.  Your children will be so beautiful " she exclaims. 

I give her a bored smile and pull emiliana away towards the car despite an attempt to turn back to the old lady.

"we should have eaten it there" she whimpers glancing at her potato.

"that place isn't healthy enough " I say remembering the old lady.

She looks at me then opens her mouth to say something but stops midway.

"let's it" she announces and expertly peels the skin of the steaming potato.

Okay,  I knew how to do everything but not that.  I tried to follow her steps but it only hurt my hand.

"yeow!! " I exclaim and I immediately regret it.  I sound like an idiot.

"are you OK " she asks quickly taking my hands in hers.  Even the driver looked at me through the rear glass.

As emilianas small hands encircle mine,  I feel my chest tighten. It would be what romance maniacs would describe as electricity sparks.  I quickly retrieve my hand afraid of what I just felt.

"here" she says peeling the skin and offering it to me.

"you eat it" I retort looking outside the window.

**********
Emilianas POV
"thank you for dropping me off " I say tiredly and mr Raphael nods.

It was such a tiring day that I didn't have time to think of big boss and his gang. 

I approached my house and hopefully they were not there.  The lights were on so I guessed Jasmine was at home.

"I'm home! " I shout flinging my shoes to the side of the bed.

"you are so late" jasmine laughs glancing at the wall clock.  She was suited on a comfortable cushion watching Netflix. Her golden curly hair was bouncing down her back as she walked towards me.  She was simply beautiful even if she was a shade darker than me. She had bright blue eyes,  small button nose and a small face.  Her tank top and joggers simply suit her.

"it's a long story " I tiredly chuckle trying to press the bridge of my nose.

"every long story can be cut short " she smiles at her own use of English.

"tomorrow so I can tell you in details " I say and smile at her.  She nods and pats my shoulder

"I'll run your water" she says and dashes off to the toilet.

"where is my phone? " I ask my self searching myself hurriedly for my phone.

I then realized that I forgot it in Mr Raphaels car when I helped him out with his potato.  I face palm myself and chiding myself for forgetting it.

Suddenly,  a low knock came from the door and I dashed towards it hoping it would be the driver returning my purse.

I opened it eagerly to meet Daniel.

"Daniel... What are you doing here? " I ask surprised

"I was jogging around so I decided to look around the area.  Luckily,  I saw Raphael dropping you off" he smiles and it reaches his eye.

My eye trail down his body.  He was wearing grey sweatpants and a tight shirt that showed his rippling muscles.  His hair was slightly damp and he ran his hand again through his hair.

"come in! " I say smiling brightly.

Suddenly,  I hear a low cough behind Daniel.  Daniel and I turn abruptly to see who the voice was for.

"daniel" Raphael says tightly clutching my purse.  He actually looked funny holding a ladies purse with a suit.

But on second thoughts,  he must think Daniel and I have a thing.  Oh no!

Hey guys, comment on what you think about the book.

Don't forget to vote,  comment and share.

Bye lovelies 💞💞