#HALLOWEEN2K17

For me there are only three kinds of people during Halloween

The Hallo-wieners; those who have Halloween as a default holiday all year round. They're literally always on their 'booshit'. The Sugar-fiends; these are the sugar addicts who religiously collect, give and receive candy. They always prefer treats to tricks. Let's be honest they're nothing but absolute monsters when they're hyped on sugar. The Extravaganzas; those who only care about Halloween because they get to dress however they like with the excuse of being new and innovative for the season. They remind me of drag queens.

I don't belong to any of these groups. Why? Because the Halloween season isn't a huge deal for me at all. I might as well be the Grinch of Halloween.

I'm going on about Halloween because it's the 31st of October. Halloween is finally here and this means only one thing to me. Another chance to cement my seat at the head of the social table at St. Vincenzo High. How am I going to do this? Well it's pretty easy. I'm going to plan the spookiest yet classiest Halloween dance in the history of S.V.H. Absolutely nothing is going to dampen my mood today.

The girls on the planning committee and I set a makeshift stand right in the middle of the hallway. Everything is perfectly decorated with craved pumpkins, faux skulls, skeletal hands and fake blood. We're wearing feathered masks as we give out flyers to all the students as they walk into school. Everyone has to know about the dance to ensure a large turnover. I even have someone announce it on the speakers. It's all going according to plan.

Remember when I said nothing would dampen my mood today? Well I lied because when I see Pierce Jeong sauntering past our stand everything isn't so great anymore.

Jessie Lee waves him over, a cheery smile on her round face as she happily hands him a flyer. Pierce takes the flyer, gives it a cursory scan before he scoffs looking up to find my pointed glare. I just know he's going to say something stupid to push my buttons. I won't let him get to me though. Not today.

'Masquerade? That's the theme? Let me guess. Leventis, you came up with this utterly prissy theme.'

He's pushed my buttons and it's gotten to me already.

'Excuse you, Jeong. It's not 'prissy', it's classy but I wouldn't expect you to understand that.'

'I don't expect you to understand what you're even doing with this dance, Leventis.'

'Excuse me?'

'You're excused. You don't know shit about Halloween. You don't even believe in it, yet you're here parading the halls with a silly mask and a pretty smile hoping you can fool everyone. You can't fool me though.'

Before I can get a word in he walks away, dismissing me. If looks could kill, he'd be a bloody mess, splattered on the walls and floor right now. There's silence. No one dares to say a word when they see how enraged I am. Pierce is a fucking thorn in my side. Despite being the star of S.V.H, he opposes me every time. Over and over again. He doesn't seem to know his place around here and sooner than later I will make sure he does.