chapter 2 - L's lookalike

Near's pov

So this was who L lost his life to . This was Kira . Very few people knew about L's death because the old task force hushed it up and someone from the task force took on the role of L so people wouldn't find it weird if L disappeared.  L's funeral had been very simple and only I and other members of the spk had attended . All throughout the ceremony L's last words to me rung in my head " when I die you will take over from me and assume the role of L as my successor.  Oh L , why did you have to die this way . I will bring all those who are responsible for your death to justice . I near , will take Kira down if it's the last thing I do . I recognised Kira from an old newspaper that L had showed me years ago of who he suspected Kira was . Only I  know that light is Kira because in the end there was no evidence so Kira has stayed anonymous.  But if L believed he was Kira so do I . Before I could do anything to bring the world back to its old ways , I knew I had to gather solid evidence and get everyone to turn on Kira . But how ?

Light's pov

Misa walked in through the cafe door but I hardly noticed her . I was too busy wondering about who that boy is . As I looked closer , I noticed he actually resembled L a little bit and I found my self gawping at him . He turned around and he had the most unusual expression on his face . Misa sat down next to me and my thoughts were drowned out by Misa's wedding ideas . Every now and then I would shake and nod my head but she could tell something was up .

Misa's pov

Light seemed so distracted and I could tell something was up .
" light what's the ma "
But before I could finish my sentence his lips were on mine , his mouth open and his breath mingling with mine . As I pulled away , desperate for air , I noticed a small boy that looked like L staring at me and light with a most unusual expression on his face . As I turned back I saw light's gaze follow me . Who was this boy and did light know him ?

Lights pov

The boy brushed his hair out of his eye and then his phone went off . He immediately reached for his phone , looked at the phone and then walked out of the cafe . Should
I kill him (misa has the shinigami eyes ) ? No , I should just wait and see who he is . I turned my gaze back to misa , I knew that she noticed the  boy too .
" Light , do you know him ? "
"No but I'm sure I will . "
"Is he a threat ?"
"Possibly" that seemed the most logical answer "Let's go it's getting late . "
"Okay anything for you "

Misa's pov

We walked to our house in near to silence . I hadn't seen light like this since the whole Kira investigation . I was desperate to get his mind of the boy because I knew that the boy had unsettled him . The light from the lampost shone brightly and I did the first thing I could think of . I pulled light close to me , wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him coaxing his mouth open with mine . His lips were soft and I could see the shock in his face . He abruptly pulled away and had a pure look of perplexion on his face .
"What are you doing ?" He asked me .
"Trying to distract you !"
"It's working . You sure do know how to get my attention. "
"I love you , light ."
"I love you too ."

Light's pov

After everything I still had misa . I knew that she loved me it was as clear as crystal and I have come to learn something. I had strong feelings for misa like I never had before , for anyone . I thought I was incapable of loving someone after the Kira situation . At first misa was just my bait but from the start there was an undeniable connection between us . Hopefully that will never change . Misa amane , you have become a part of me and I will never let you go . I was trying to communicate without speaking but me and my family were never good at emotions . Across the road I saw a ghostly shadow . When it came out into the light from the lampost I saw the kid from the café and he looked more like L than ever .