Chapter 18: Little Old Memories

First of all, thank you guys all so much for Action #54 and Mystery / Thriller #83!!! It's highly impossible for me to reach to highest rungs, but I love every climb!!

This chapter is dedicated to @dtrudgeon19 for voting and commenting on my chapters! Thank you so much; every single one of them makes my day! =D

**

|| Nikki ||

"Erin! Are you alright?" I scream, unable to look at my friend. As if on cue, everything--even the killers--are silent and still except for me, running her side.

"Y-yeah, just nicked my upper arm, I'm fine, really," she assures me, clutching her forearm to stem the bleeding. I look up to find that the three figures have vanished as we were speaking.

I hear the sound of an engine being revved and see three motorcycles zooming past us. They've left for good.

"Let's go," I say firmly, and Erin nods and stands up. We walk out of the alley to see three bike chains lying on the ground. The motors had parked right there, and we weren't even able to hear them coming. Unless they're using some kind of silencer for engines... but how would that explain their noisy exit?

I decide to leave those questions for later.

"Can you grab those chains for analysis?" Erin asks me. I bend down and stuff the heavy metal links into one of my lightweight pockets. "Sure. Now, let's go."

"This is such an epic fail mission," she mutters. "We've gotta do better next time, with Hana."

"I'll say," I agree. "Look; I'll get us a car. We meet Sara and Alicia at eight."

**

|| Alicia ||

"Nothing! This guy is completely innocent!" I exclaim, throwing my hands up. Sara agrees. We're standing in Shane's room, leaving everything spick and span as it was before we came. If I must say so myself, it looks better now.

"Guess so," she says, patting the material of his comforter down. "But remember, we still have those prints to analyze."

"Yeah." I fix my hair in a ponytail. Fixing a boys' room can be such a pain.

Sara stretches her arms and half-yawns. "If Shane isn't guilty, then who could it be--"

"What are you doing here?!"

The two of us whirl around to find none other than Jason Moore standing in the doorway, staring at the us.

**

|| Hana ||

Shane walks me around the beautiful park (although it's nothing compared to the cherry blossom ones in Japan), and I finally admit that today was amazing. First, Shane bought me three whole scoops of cookies n' cream ice cream. If you haven't tasted it yet, IT IS DELICIOUS AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH YOU. It is. AMAZING, OMG.

Then, he showed me a huge weeping willow tree where a couple of benches were stationed for couples chatting and friends hanging out. Our third stop is somewhere deeper into the park, he told me, but that was all. Like every clichè love story, he blindfolded me.

"How do I know you're not going to make me crash into a tree or something?!"

"Because I won't."

"Right..." I feel his hands grip my forearms as he leads me onto a sort of paved area and thoughts start entering my mind. In most love stories I've read nowadays, the boy always, and I mean always brings the girl to a carnival or someplace freakishly romantic or fun. I have carnivalitis, so if I'm going to a carnival... I don't know how I can feign happiness--