A warning growl came out from me before anyone could sink teeth into my elk. I took a moment to look out on the field. Lobo was with Gypsy King, whose snout was splattered with blood. It looked like he had made his first kill as a wolf.

Max was at another downed elk and I was proud of him. He had a dozen wolves around him. I nodded in satisfaction. We needed to straighten up his home situation before he took in any of these wolves, but he had the room. I was not beyond using him in my efforts to help these wolves.

There were more downed elk, and my huge pack was settling in to eat, in the midst of growling and snapping.

I summoned the one with the orange backpack, using the knife Mac had donated and put in the bag, to cut off a huge chunk of prime meat from the elk for Sister and packing it up. I needed that done first to insure it wouldn't be contaminated by anything werewolf.

I looked at the wolves around me, patiently waiting for me to finish. Shifting to three-quarter wolf, I motioned them in.

"Eat, enjoy. Figure out your ranks. Do not come too close to me or my teeth will teach you manners."

I went in then for my meal, every wolf waiting until I was distracted with eating before trying to grab a bite themselves. The chained wolf stayed near me, struggling to find his way through the hide. I heard snarls and yipes as wolves fought for their meal.

My omega stayed behind me, groveling low and whining. Another wolf circled around, snarling and nipping at him to shut him up. I chuckled as I ate, enjoying his presence behind me. I did not plan on being easy on him.

We had run through the night to get to this herd my vision had shown me. Calories had been burned, and the wolf's body was desperate to replenish its fuel. Many of these wolves were exhausted. They had been up all night. Most had never truly run as wolves before. They attacked the downed elk viciously to satisfy their hunger. Some ravenously dug in, only to have someone pull the chunk they had ripped from the carcass out of their jaws.

After eating enough to curb my hunger, I shifted to furred man. I kept my fingers in the ruff of my omega, who still had not eaten, and was too afraid to even try.

"After all have finished," I told him. "You did well as a wolf. You will have your meal. There will be enough left on the carcass for you to scrape off enough to eat."

He whined, tail curled under him as he looked up at me.

"You are wolf. Try to understand what you are seeing out there, the bonds of the pack. There are scuffles over the meat, but no one is truly fighting. All are learning what it means to be wolf."

I watched for awhile, content to wait until most were working on a hunk of meat off to the side of the downed elks, or eating right from the carcasses. I walked around, my omega following me as if he was a dog on a leash.

I went in to each kill, eating as a wolf next to the alpha that had succeeded in their hunt. A few started to growl at me, the wolf within being at the forefront of their consciousness. I nuzzled up to them, radiating the love I had for them, not challenging them in the least, but still taking my token bite from their kill right under their noses.

By the time I was done, many had eaten their fill. I moved to the center of the area, shifting to furred man again. Speaking loudly, I told them the tale of Yellowstone. I told how the wolves there had been killed off. The habits of the elk who came there changed with no predators to worry about.  The elk ate the vegetation down, causing erosion, which affected the rivers themselves.

Little Wolfजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें