Chapter 7 - Free

I am not convinced that this seemingly high-security lab really is highly secure. This practice of eating on the job distracts you from the dangerous creatures that are in your laboratory, Doctor McDonald! Nothing good can come out of it!

„Teen Monster Hunters", the full length first adventure of Sally, Ryan, and Moe is now available online in print and as ebook.

The beast woke up. Unlike a human being, its vital functions just spiked as if turned on and it switched from one state to another. No yawning, no stretching, no cuddling up under a warm blanket. All not necessary. The advantage of translucent eyelids was that you could watch your surrounding without anyone noticing. And that it did. In the lab again. Human McDonald, recognized not by name, of course, but by smell and visual, rummaged nearby. He was in the other room, divided by the electronic door and the large glass partition. Human Song and the others were not around. The faint smell in the air told the beast that some food processing was taking place somewhere else in the building. Hungry! These humans had no idea that the beast was used to almost constant food intake, and here, in this forsaken place, food was dispensed only once a day.

The lab meant being strapped to the examination table. Not comfortable, as the beast loved to roam around constantly, but also not uncomfortable. At least not this time. The experiments hadn't been painful today.

Out of creature habit, it started to check its degree of freedom by moving each limb and tail. Then relaxing all its muscles, breathing out as much as possible, trying again. Just testing the water like it had been taught at space academy..

Oops! The left foreleg felt loose. The native tongue equivalent of the word 'Bingo' and a sly smile crossed mind and snout of the beast.