5

Mariam and Elham practiced going out with the niqab more often. They went to the mall, grocery shopping, and even fun places together like boating and to the parks.  Since people couldn't see their smiles they had to be more vocal and be kind through their words.

Mariam was always waving and greeting everyone. She and Elham received many questions about their niqab and they always answered, "i am doing it to please my creator."

Mariam felt new and pure while wearing the niqab. It just felt so right. She never felt better. Some days were tough wearing it because of the criticism and stares but she knew as long as Allah is pleased with her it didn't matter what others thought.

Mariam was at Elham's house. Her kids were visiting their father and Elham was stressed out. Mariam tried to comfort her, eventually Elham relaxed alittle bit. This divorce was taking a toll on her health and Mariam was worried about her.

"You know what you need?" Mariam tells her. "You need a nice warm bath with some fresh coffee or tea while reading a good book. You need to give your mind a break. You are always on edge and you're exhausting yourself."

"You have a point," Elham says. "I will do that today. Thanks Mariam." She made a mental note to do what Mariam suggested. She needed a little break from all this stress. It was making her ill. mariam smiled. "So, what happened with Malik?"

"We are engaged," Mariam exclaims. She shows her ring. "We did the nikah, we are just waiting to do the wedding."

"Mashallah, mabrook!" Elham congratulates her. She really was very happy for her friend. She wished her the best from the bottom of her heart. Her friend deserved the best because she was such a kind soul.

"Allah barek fekee," Mariam replies giddily.

"When's the wedding?" Elham asks her.

"In about a month." Mariam was really nervous but at the same time looking forward to the wedding.

"Mashallah. Mashallah. I'm really happy for you. Congrats." Mariam smiles.

"But the thing is, it's s going to be a mixed wedding. So i have to wear a white niqab," Mariam says.