3

"Salam alakom, Malik," Mariam greeted him. He brought white roses with him today. She places the roses in a pink vase and thanks him.

"Wa alakom Salam, Mariam." He takes a seat on the sofa making himself comfortable. Mariam smiled. "Did you think about what i said last time?"

"Yes i did," Mariam says. "I actually want to talk to you about that." She felt a little nervous about telling him.

"Sure. I'm listening." He leaned forward in his seat and folded his hands on his lap.

"Well," she begins taking a deep breath. "I like the idea of the niqab. And i thank you for suggesting it to me. But i won't do for you. If i do it. I do it for Allah."

"That's wonderful, Mariam. I told you to cover because first of all you get closer to Allah by worshipping him. And second because i have jealousy for you. I don't want any man looking at you."

Mariam's heart fluttered. He felt jealousy for her? She was no beauty queen. Surely he was just saying that. But it was attractive to her that Malik would get jealous of other men for her even though they weren't even married yet. She admired him also because he had fear of God in his heart. She could tell he was the one she wanted to marry.

"Is there something else on your mind?" Malik asks concern on his face.

"Yes...i think we should get married."