Untitled Part 1

He wasn't the person you fell in love with anymore. His music career changed him.

"Dave, how 'bout we watch a movie?", (y/n) says trying to keep her husband, Dave at home.
"I can't I gotta go." he said with that emotionaless face he wears.
"Why won't you stay? You used to be here for me and (Daughter Name) all the time. She needs you, Dave. She's sleeping right now and you're just going to leave! What am I suppose to tell her when she wakes up?" you say letting out steam that you've kept pent up.

He was never home for you or the princess he created with you. You never know what to say when you daughter asks where her father is. You try not to blame yourself for him leaving all the time. You try to convince (d/n) and yourself that it's nothing you've done but sometimes you can't do it.

"Wow your really dragging our daughter into this?" Dave says letting his shades slide down so you could see his hell red eyes.
They were once rubies but not it only reminds you of blood.
"Your really going to do this? This is just below you." This made you so angry.
You snapped, "Dave Strider, If you leave I can promise you...you won't have a family to come back to. I swear this Dave." 

He didn't believe you one bit as you've made this threat before but never so seriously. Now though it really was the final straw, pinning his absence on you.

"Right, right and I'll come home and it'll be like none of this ever happened." he said shrugging your threat off.
You huffed and sighed ," You're right Dave...I will be here and I'll probably be making dinner too. I'll be prettied up everyday and waiting just for you. I'll wait around phone so I can hear that voice I'll end up missing in an hour. I'll be pacing the floor hoping nothing will happen to you. "

It was true for you. You were once and still are worried that something might happen to him.

"Guilt trip much." He said rolling his shaded eyes.
You didn't say anything but you hung your head. Not out of guilt or self-shame but shame for the man you married.
"Good bye (y/n). Tell (d/n) I love her and I'll see her when I get back." He said with a sigh.
You nodded but that meant nothing to you. His words lost any meaning at all.

His words lost all hope of being true. He won't have anyone to come home to when he gets back. He'll feel what it feels like to be alone.

He left but that's the last time you'll ever see that back to you. You went to (d/n)'s room and packed her things. All of it, he'll have nothing because he already has everything. His wife was music and his baby was his career.

You were so tired of the excuses you've made and you tired of the denial you built up over the course of your marriage.

You went to your room and packed your things. You did leave him a few things to remember you by. You left the wedding photos and a picture of you and him, holding the light and joy of your lives or rather your life.
You left and went to sleep in the guest room that night.

That night you dreamt of nothing but the future you'd have for yourself, someone else, and your child. Dave no longer held respect in your eyes. He's just an absent, neglectful father and husband.

The next morning you explained to your daughter that you were leaving for a while.
"Where are going to though?"
"To mommy's friend's house. You're going to be just fine so don't worry."
"Ok mommy!" She smiled. Her eyes were an innocent red color but she had your (h/c) hair. You chuckled at her, buckling her up in her car seat. You love you her so much.

Dave came back home to an empty house. He didn't believe it first, that you left. It was after a few days did he realize fully that you really did leave and you took your daughter with you. The only traces of you is what you left and a note.

Dave found a note on the counter where he would usually see (y/n) standing.
It read:

Dave,
I wasn't kidding Dave. You've done this too many times. You leave and you don't come back for weeks on end and I'm tired of it. I'm sick of it. You used to be around Dave. We used to spend Halloweens together and Christmas. Shit Dave you used to hold barbeques in our backyard Dave. That was who I knew and who I fell in love with. We can give "us" another shot if you're actually ready for the life you made and the person you married. You only get that second shot if I'm not already with some one else.
Good bye Dave.
-(y/n)