The beast

A/N: I am bad at exposition, so I thought i'd clear some things up: In this one Feyre is pregnant and Rhys is even more on edge then when he and Feyre first mated. This isn't going to focus on the pregnancy too much, 

Rhysand pov:

I have been dreading this day for a while. And I knows Feyre has been too, but we both know that the relationship between the spring and Night court will not allow either court to function. But with Feyre being 5 months pregnant I'm scared of how I will react if Tamlin says something stupid. I've already fought with Cassian more times that I could count. I finish straightening my jacket when Feyre walks down the stairs, wearing the loose fighting top and pants she's recently begun to favor.  

"Shall we?" I ask extending an arm. She smiles her exquisite smile and takes my arm, as we walk through the doors into the study where Tamlin is already waiting . I almost snarl at my enemy for just being close to my mate, but I contain it, I can already tell this is going to be a rough meeting. "Hello Tamlin," I say, Feyre grips my arm harder. It's ok, he's not here to take you I send to her through the bond. Oh I know, I was reminding you to play nice she sends back. 

"I see your still clinging to Rhysand" Tamlin says to Feyre, the bite of his tone already made me want to throttle him. 

"Watch it" I warn. My power already starting to slip it's leash. Easy Feyre tries to soothe me. Just ignore his comments, he's all bark no bite. Those words do have some logic to them, but still rage fills me. 

"Oh?  So Rhysand is speaking for Feyre now? Pity, I knew a high lady wouldn't work out, ludicrous idea," 

And I snap, wings forming, talons growing, shifting fully into the beast I hadn't become in over a century. At the sight of it Tamlin winnows away. A screech tears through me as he winnows, but with the threat gone, I shift back into my normal form. I turn away from Feyre, not wanting to see the disgust and hatred that could be on her face. I winnow out. 

Feyre POV:

I watch as Rhys changes into his beasty form he once told me he hated. But after he turns back, he disappears. Where did you go? I ask down the bond, but his shields are up, and my message goes unheard. I run my hand lovingly down his shield and begin my hunt for him. First I check our room, half knowing he wouldn't be there. I gather my currently unstable magic and winnow to the entrance to the cabin. I walk through the house calling for him, until I remember something he once told me. "Sometimes I come [to the library] when I need to think"  I gather the last of my magic and winnow to the library. 

A librarian is waiting for me when I arrive. "Hello" I say politely, scanning around her. The librarian smiles at me, then  gestures for me to fallow as she leads through the stacks. Right to where Rhysand was sitting. 

"Hey" I say sitting next to him. He doesn't make eye contact. 

"How'd you find me?" He asks, still looking at the floor. 

"i just remembered what you told me." Even though his shields are up, I feel a message sent down the bond, probably unwillingly. She came looking for me, maybe she didn't see, or maybe she's here to tell me about the fear she felt. I grab his chin, forcing him to meet my eyes. "I see every part of you, and I am not afraid." I say, and bring my lips down upon his. When he pulls back for a breath, I add "and i like what I see." He chuckles slightly. 

Word count: 657 

A/N: Please comment any suggestions, or comments or ideas, please its helpful. The next one will be about TOG I promise