Chapter 21.

I helped Calum drunk-hobble to the couch as Luke and Bay entertained themselves.

"What are you doing here?" I sat him down and plopped next to him.

"I w-want to say s-sorry. I wasn't thinking straight." His head bobbed as he talked. He poorly attempted to steady it, to no avail.

"And you know right from wrong when you're drunk?"

"More than you would think actually." He mumbled. He traced his fingers down my thigh as the silence radiated throughout the room. I didn't know how to treat drunk Calum, I'd never had to before. I didn't know if he was actually conscious of the words he was speaking, or he just spat out what he knew I wanted to hear.

"You hungry?" I suddenly remembered the food Luke had brought that would otherwise go to no use. I knew Bay wasn't going to come back tonight. He quickly nodded and buried his head into the crook of my neck like a shy kid. I gently pushed him off and made my way to the kitchen. "Cal, can you come help?" I picked up the two slushies and attempted to grab the mini pizza with my free fingers. Calum grabbed the rest and followed. I turned around. "Do you want to go to my room and watch a movie? My mom's gonna be home soon and her finding you drunk and alone with me will definitely not end well." He shook his head and we went up the stairs. We sat the food on my end table next to my bed and I picked one of my all-time favorite movies, "What's Eating Gilbert Grape". I hit play, turned the lights off, and locked my door just in case. Calum sipped on a slushie as he leaned against the wall behind my bed. I grabbed the other one and sat next to him. His arm snaked around my waist as we watched.

- - -

My eyes had tears brimming in them as the movie ended. I turned to Calum.

"Did you like it?" I affectionately rubbed his leg. His eyes barely crept open. He groaned and nodded. I giggled at his lethargy. "Did you even watch it?" I kissed his cheek, hoping to spark some sort of energy. His eyes opened a little wider.

"I'm gonna go 'kay?" He rubbed his eyes and started to get off the bed. "I'm crashing with Luke." I hopped off and latched on to his arm.

"It's too late, you're too tired, and my mom is downstairs. You're staying the night. We can figure it out in the morning." I attached my lips to his and put my arms around his neck.

"You're making it hard to leave, you know that?" He smiled and closed the space between us again. I separated.

"That's because you're not leaving. Too many bad things could happen." I whispered and watched my fingers trace down his bicep.

"Too many bad things could happen if I stay." He whispered, looking into my eyes.

"You're not going." I sternly responded and kissed him again. He repeatedly applied more pressure onto my lips.

"Fine." He slid his shirt off over his head and laid back on my bed into a mound of blankets. I quickly grabbed a pair of pajama shorts and a t-shirt and skipped to the bathroom to change. I returned back and turned the TV off. Calum laid flat on his back, so I put my head and arm on his chest as I felt his steady breaths lead his upper body up and down. I could hear his subtle heartbeat keep a slow tempo until I drifted off to sleep.

wooooah heeeyyyyyy

yeah this is really short but it's also kinda important so :) love y'all