Chapter 4.

Bay's POV

I looked at Alissa, her face a shade of baby pink. I wanted her to tell me what happened up there and why she was smiling so big.

"So I heard there's this great little record store opening tonight." I said, trying to break this painfully awkward silence.

"Yeah, I was thinking about going." Luke repiled, holding eye contact with his black vans. How could I get him to loosen up?

"I thought about stopping by later. I didn't think you were into old stuff like that." I looked down at my ice cream. I figured what better way to get people to let loose than to show your real self to them, so I let out my inner nerd. It doesn't happen very often. I mean, people see me and they think two things: snobby and head cheerleader. I snapped out of the trance I had evidently been in and looked across the table at Alissa.

"What the hell?" She mouthed. I responded with only a look because Luke was asking me a question.

"Uh what? Sorry I spaced out." I told him, apologetically.

He repeated the question,"Who's your favorite artist, then?" He stared into my eyes. Was he actually looking at me? Alissa kicked my shin and I cursed under my breath. I must not have been breathing because I felt a sharp pain in each of my lungs when I began to speak.

"Uh, probably Sinatra. I'm kind of jazzy." I felt my face go hot. I lowered my head until my hair covered my face.

"Wow, never pegged you for the Sinatra type." Calum stated, focusing in on his ice cream. I looked down at mine and didn't respond as I twirled my spoon around. I felt Luke's eyes watching me and saw his leg move swiftly under the table. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Calum cringe in pain and couldn't help but let out a little giggle as Alissa shot me a death glare like no other.

Luke leaned in and whispered in my ear,"Let's blow this popsicle stand." He leaned back against the booth with a huge grin on his face and I melted. My nerdiness must have worked. I laughed as he lightly nudged my side until I got out of the booth. Alissa and Calum followed suit and we walked out to Luke's car. I danced on the sidewalk and twirled around to find Luke right behind me. He placed his hands on my hips, protectively, as I toppled a little. With my hands on his chest, I felt his heartbeat and looked up into his big blue eyes.

"Shall we head to the record store?" I smiled and grabbed his hand as I headed to the backseat. Luke kept eye contact with me, as he tossed the keys to Calum.

"To the record store." He teased in the sexiest voice possible. Was he trying to kill me?