9. A slap in the face.

Start from the beginning

"Mommy don't want me here. She's crying and sad."

"Mia if you don't want to be here you don't have to."
I say as I bend down towards her and hold her small hand in mine.

"But I want to see bof of you"
She breaks my heart as a tear streams down her face.

"How about me and mommy come stay with uncle Cam for a week that way we can both see you?"
Instantly her face lights up and she shakes her head yes. I look up at Cam who is nodding his head at me, Bay isn't going to stop me from seeing my little girl and if I have to drag her ass to Cams I will.

-

I knock on Baylor's door and when she opens it up and sees me she slaps me across my face. What the fuck was that for.

"If you think you're taking Mia away from me you're wrong! I'll take you to court! What happened to ' I'd never take her away from you'!"She screams with tears streaming down her face.

"Baylor calm down I'm not taking her from you! I didn't even know she was coming over there. Cam just showed up with her. "

"I'm sorry. I just- I don't want to lose her."
She cries and I wrap her up in my arms.

"It's okay. I'm not taking her from you."

"What the fuck are you doing here?"
Drew slurs and Bay instantly moves away from me and into Drews arms.

"Drew it's okay just go inside alright."
Bay tells him in a hushed voice and his death glare goes from me to Baylor.

"What did I say about bossing me around."
Drew asks and Bay glances back at me but quickly looks back at Drew.

"Drew please not right now."
Baylor begs as she gently nudges him back inside. They get inside and Baylor holds up a finger to me as she closes the door behind her.

"What now! The one day Mia isn't here he shows up and now I'm not allowed drinking?!"
I can still hear Drew yelling from behind the door and I start to grow anxious with his tone. Their voices turn into whispers and I can no longer understand what they're saying.

"Don't you lie to me!"
He finally yells again and I hear a thud. I open the door to see Bay on the ground crying and Drew has disappeared.

"Go Asher. Just go!"
She yells and pushes me away but my blood is boiling and all I want to do is find drew and rip his head off.

"Asher I said go! This isn't your problem!

"You think I'm just going to stand here and let him do that? I'm going to kill him!!"

"Asher, leave!"

"You're fucking crazy if you think I'm leaving you!" I say and pick her up and carry her outside to my rental car and speed away as Drew comes outside and runs towards the car. He bangs on my hood as he screams at her and we drive off. Baylor watches him through the window as she keeps her head turned away from me.

After a few moments of silence I can't stand it anymore and I break out into a full blown rant.

"How long has he been hitting you! How is that good for Mia! You thought I was bad for her what about him! What about her seeing her so called 'father figure' beat his mom when he's drunk! I know what that's like Baylor and it's not fun! It does things to a child! "

"He never drinks when Mia is home. He loves her." I can't help but laugh humorously at her response.

"Oh but it's okay to beat you? Baylor if he's like that now it's just going to get worse! It will become an everyday thing! Don't let it get that far!"
I scream, tears stream down her face and she doesn't respond.

"When did he start drinking like this? I don't remember him being like that."

"That's because he wasn't. It started a few weeks ago, he got in this accident at work, he was injured pretty badly and he hasn't been the same since. He's more agitated, always grumpy. One night after Mia was asleep thank god, he came home drunk and that was the first time he laid a hand on me. He never starts drinking with Mia in the house and in the morning he doesn't even remember."

"Bay you need to get out. Before it gets worse."

"Mia loves him Asher, he is the only male figure she has."

"She has me!" I yell and she goes quiet and looks out the window again.

"Do I have you?" She asks her voice so fragile as she looks up at me with a tear stricken face. My blood boils when I notice a perfect handprint across her cheek. I want to go rip Drew apart.

"You've had me since the third grade."

-

A/N ; oooohh guysss was there some basher in this chapter? So sorry for the really late updates but school and sports takes up the majority of my time.

thank you to those who are still reading this shitty book!