Chapter 7

So I got a message from someone named Gabby saying she wanted me to update, so just to please her, I will! And sorry for the last chapter about putting the song to the side my youtube wasn't really working so I'll try again after.

Anyway, this chapter is capture the flag! Hope you like it! And don't forget to search up the new actors for the new characters that i'm going to be introducing. (They're mostly just the actors from the 100 (the tv show))

Thanks for reading and i hope you enjoy!

CHAPTER 7

"We meant paintball guns, not literal ones," mutters Four as he hands me a different one. This one resembles a rifle but it contains paintballs, unlike the one I brought. When they meant war games I thought they literally meant war games. Not a paintball game. Oh well. He's about to take my gun but I rest my hand over it.

"Give it," he growls. I narrow my eyes. "Why should I?" I spit. He scoffs. "Because I don't want an inexperienced temperamental initiate running around with a loaded gun in the middle of the night with zero visibility." I roll my eyes and hand it over.

"I want it back after," I call as he walks away to the other side of the train. "Not a chance!" he yells over his shoulder. Shit. I'll have to get another one. I'm not going around unarmed all the time. It's unwise. Or maybe I'm just so used to violence that I feel better when I have a weapon with me. Probably the latter.

I sit back, breathing deeply and wincing. I touch a hand to my ribs thinking it could magically help them, but I am no magic-maker. I grit my teeth and sit up. I haven't seen them yet. I discretely pull up the side of my shirt to inspect them.

They are more purple than any other color, along with a few tinges and highlights of blue and green here and there. It's only the bottom ones that are damaged, so I don't have to lift the shirt any higher. I pull it back down.

"Does it hurt, Stiff?" Jeremy asks, a tight smirk on his face. My expression turns sour. "I beat you up once, I won't hesitate to do it again, coward," his eyes narrow at my comment.

"Is that a challenge?" he asks.
I scoff. "Hardly. Beating you up was one of the easiest things I've ever done," I stand and walk away from him before things get bad. I only won by an inch of luck. That won't save me again. I move over to where Dana sits. She smiles when I sit down beside her.

"How're the ribs?" she asks.
I shrug my shoulders. "Only hurt when I breathe." She and Gabe smile. And a sudden realization comes to me.

"Are you two...?" I say pointing to both of them with my index finger. She nods her head. My eyebrows rise.

"It's only been a day!" I say, but I smile. I'm happy for them. She reaches for his hand and closes her eyes, her face erupting in a bright smile. "Great. Now we don't have to hide it from you anymore." Gabe leans in to Dana for a kiss and she opens her eyes when their lips meet. I shriek in terror and slap Gabe's shoulder.

"Ew, I'm happy for you guys, but no PDA!" they laugh and pull apart but never let go of each other's hands.

"Okay, listen up. Dauntless-born, you know what this is." Four announces. They let out multiple shouts and cheers and Four continues. "Transfers, this is a Dauntless tradition. Capture the flag. Your goal: get the flag. But this year we're going to change it up: not only do you have to get the flag, you have to bring it back to your side. If you get shot while bringing it back, then the other team automatically wins. Eric and Tris will be team captains."

Four stands beside Tris. They're automatically together, of course. Why wouldn't they be? She's like a magnet: wherever she goes, Four follows her.