• Chapter 24 •

Tomorrow, Tyrion would be executed for his crimes. The night was cold and gloomy, much different than the people of  King's Landing have ever seen before, perhaps winter was really coming. Rose was sitting on her balcony with a shall wrapped around herself. She enjoyed the cool air and how it lightly swept at her hair. A knock sounded at the door which drew her out of her thoughts. She walked to the door and held onto the knob tightly, then lightly cracked open the door.
"Yes?" She called out.
"My Lady, I must speak to you."
It was Lord Varys. Rose opened the door a bit wider.
"And what must you speak to me about?" Rose inquired.
Varys had his hands clamped together, hidden by his bellowing sleeves. He looked down at the ground for a moment before he met Rose's eyes.
"It's a matter of life or death My Lady, for Tyrion and yourself."
Rose opened the door wider and motioned for Varys to come in. She shut the door and locked the door.
"And what are you suggesting Lord Varys?"
He turned to face Rose who seemed to be guarding the door.
"You didn't hear it from me, but Cersei is planning to accuse you of treason after Tyrion is executed."
"Treason?"
"Well the Tyrell's were in open rebellion against the crown, and you've committed the fornication, which she assumes she can prove."
"I'm going to die if I don't flee, is that what you're telling me?"
"I don't think the new queen would take it well if your head was sat on a spike outside the castle. But there's nothing she can do, Cersei is far too powerful and I have no doubts that you will be killed in her hands."
Rose sighed and nodded because she knew the truth.
"So what do you think I should do?"
"There is a ship leaving for Essos tonight. When the moon is at its highest, Jaime has agreed to help Tyrion onto the ship where I will be waiting for him, there, we will leave for good. The Dragon Queen is supposedly looking for allies, I think it would be in your best interest to join us."
"And what did Jaime say when you told him it would be best if I went too?"
"My Lady, I think you know he doesn't want to see you die, I think we've all seen something that shows he has a kinder heart than his sister. If he truly loved you, he'd help you live."
Rose knew he was right.
"Where do I meet you?"

      Night fell and the moon was at its highest. Rose put on her black cloak, covering her fair grey gown so she wouldn't stand out. Rose shut her door quietly and walked down the hallway to her grandmothers chambers where she slipped a freshly sealed letter under the door. Rose then made her way to the docks where Varys was waiting for her.
"Where are they?"
"They should be here at any moment."
A few moments later the vine covered door cracked open and Jaime exited, holding the torch. He walked over to Rose and Varys, without Tyrion and put out his torch.
"Where is Tyrion?" Rose questioned him.
"He said he had something to do but I'm sure it won't be long. Lord Varys, could we have a moment." Jaime asked Varys, to which he obliged and made his way to the ship.
"This is the only way out of here. A ship taking you and my brother across the world." Jaime commented. Rose was still mad at him for telling Cersei about them, but she knew this could very well be the last time she would ever see Jaime.
"I don't have a choice. I didn't come to here to leave you again."
"That's not your fault. I'm sorry for telling Cersei, for ignoring you."
"I know."
And there the two lovers stood, face to face, for perhaps the final time. The world was changing and they knew it would change them. But they couldn't let go, even if they were thousands of miles apart.
"I love you." Rose told him. Jaime let a brief smile grace his face, but it was overtaken with sadness over this whole situation.
"I've loved you everyday since I met you. You don't deserve this life, I know your meant for so much more, something maybe another world could give you." Jaime confessed to her.
"Nothing could give me anymore than what you've given me. Don't let her destroy you."
Rose reached forward and engulfed Jaime in the most desperate hug. They gripped onto each other so tightly neither of them felt themselves breathing. Jaime pulled away and put a hand on Rose's face.
"Be safe. Maybe one day will be together again."
Rose nodded and her lips met his one last time. They pulled away and Jaime left quickly leaving Rose alone by the docks. Tyrion came out a few minutes later looking distressed.
"What did you do?" Rose asked him as they boarded the ship.
"I killed my father. I killed Shae."
"Tyrion..."
Suddenly bells began chiming and Varys approached both of them.
"We are leaving. Now."
Tyrion was put into a small create and boxed away while Varys sat next to it. Rose stood near the ledge watching the city that held her family and her lover disappear in the distance.