Part Twenty-Eight

Dan POV
(999 words)

I woke up with Phil next to me, it was June 11. The day had come. My 18th birthday.

Phil was 19 and still in the hospital but I knew he wouldn't be for much longer. What's going to happen after we are released?

How was I already 18? I feel like just a minute ago I was living with my parents. Now I have a boyfriend and can almost live on my own. Wait. I'm a yellow. Whites only stay for a day or two, greens a week or so, and Orange had about a month. How long did I have in here? The thought scared me, I could be leaving the hospital soon.

I realized I had been laying there thinking for about 30 minutes and sat up, Phil didn't wake up to my movement, so I decided to just get ready. I put on some clothes and picked an outfit for Phil. He loved when I picked out outfits for him just like I loved him piking outfits for me.

I noticed Phil beginning to move and walked back towards the bed.

"Morning, Babe."

I basically melted right there. He called me babe. Babe.

"Good morning.. Babe." I finally replied.

He chuckled and checked the clock, "Happy birthday my love."

I wasn't going to be able to live if this continued.

"You remembered," I smiled.

"Of course, it's the best day in the world. A day all about you."

I smiled and just stood there. I really loved this boy. I know Felix said this wasn't a love story but I think it might be.

He changed into the outfit I picked and sat me down.

"Danny, I think I'm ready to come out. If your not then that's fine I won't rush you at all, but I'm ready when you are."

I didn't expect it. I looked at him and he was serious, I think I'm ready too. I know I want to be with him forever.

I crashed my lips into his and we started making out.

I loved being with him, it felt right.

"Dan, I'm ready to be yours forever. We can check ourselves out of here whenever now. We're both 18."

"I would love to live a life with you, but we don't have money to move out yet."

Phil smiled and looked down, "Dan, money doesn't matter, when I turned 18 the state gave me money to start my life. Whenever you're ready our lives begin."

I smiled, "I love you Phil. I love you so much the word love can describe it. I'm ready to leave, we've been in this hospital way to long, and I want to be able to have our own life."

"So then it's decided? We're leaving?"

"We're leaving."

"That's absolutely crazy isn't it? I feel like yesterday we started dating and now we're going to live together."

"It's exciting," I said the smiles on our faces not going away.

"How do you want to tell Mark and Sean?" I asked. I'm going to miss them a lot.

"With coming out I say we kiss in front of them and the moving out," he paused to think, "We'll have to have a talk with them."

I nodded, I can't believe we're really doing this.

We walked hand in hand to the cafeteria, it's time.

When we sat down we talked to Mark and Sean a little. Jack and Dean sat with us today, so that was fun. Phil put his hand on my thigh at some point and I was perfectly content with life.

There was a point in the conversation that Phil and I had been left out and Phil took that as opportunity.

He gently grabbed my chin and made me look at him, I could fell the others beginning to look at us.

"Just wanted to say I love you." Phil whispered before he kissed me.

It wasn't anything to bad, just a simple kiss but I still loved it.

"Woah! The two that claim they aren't together, look like they're together."

I chuckled at Sean though my blush. A lot of people were looking at us now.

Phil spoke first, "What can I say, I fell in love."

Mark and Sean did an 'awwww' and started asking so many questions.

"When did you start dating?"

"A long time ago."

"So you were a couple before us?"

"Way before."

"You're so cute together."

This went on for the rest of breakfast, I decided that since Jack and Dean were here it was probably the best time to do it so I grabbed Phil's hand and did it.

"Everyone, Phil and I are leaving."

"What?"

"We're moving out, in a few days."

"Well miss you two, wait for us we'll be out soon too!" Mark replied.

"Yeah, and call us all the time," Jack said.

This was the best birthday ever.

"There is one thing left, Danny." Phil said turning towards me. He held two tiny boxes, one with a D and one with a P.

He handed me the one with a D and watched me open it, it was a beautiful ring, it's was a silver band that had the date we started dating.

"It's a promise ring, because I promise to always be your partner and never treat you badly."

"Phil, it's so beautiful."

He took the ring and slid it on my finger, I would never be taking it off.

I quickly took his ring and put it on his finger, "I promise to love you forever, and to never leave your side. You are the most valuable part of my life, and I will forever cherish you."

Phil looked at his hand and then to mine before slamming his lips into mine.

I forgot about the other people and kissed back, I quickly remembered them when I heard the clapping and pulled away, blushing.

"Mark, we'll never win. They're too cute."

I smiled, we are cute.

A/N

That was cute. I had to rewrite this chapter because the first version was... moving along too fast. Sorry.

This version is longer though, so yay.

See you