Chapter 4

The chapter starts of right before Ryuji grabs Akiras hand.

~ Akira Kurusu
Thursday Morning ~

Maybe I should ask him if he wants to do something after school now already, otherwise he might just leave when school ends. But what if he just hung with me yesterday because he feels like he has to. He's probably just one of those loners that doesn't want friends. It's just stupid to ask him. It'll just get weird and uncomfortable if he think I'm too clingy. 

What would we even do if we hung out today again? We can't just keep playing Uncharted. Yeah, it's just a stupid idea to ask.

Suddenly I feel something against my fingers. Without even understanding what it is I pull away my hand. I look at Ryuji. Was it him? He stands there, completely still. "Ehhhhh." What just happened? My eyes start watering. No Akira, this is not the time to start crying.

Still not fully understanding what's happening I turn around and start running. I run to the school and up all the stairs. Finally I get to the boys bathroom. Thankfully there's no one there. I run into a stall and lock the door. 

I sit down on the toilet and tilt my head against the wall. As soon as I'm alone I feel tears starting to run down my cheeks.
"Why?" I silently mumble to myself. "Why do I have to ruin everything?" 

Why do I feel like this? It can't be because Ryuji almost held my hand, can it? No. It's not like I like that stuff. That's gay. And I'm straight. Yeah. I'm just weird right now.

But why did Ryuji do it? We're just friends. Friends don't hold hands. At least not male friends. What if he likes me? Maybe he's gay. But he wouldn't. Just like I wouldn't. Right? Yeah. None of us are gay. We're just acting weird right now.

Hello! It's the author. I just wanted to make it clear that I'm writing what Akira's thinking, not what I think. He's just confused and kinda scared of his feelings at the moment so that's why he's thinking like that. I'm not saying that male friends that hold each others hands or things like that automatically are gay. That's all. Back to the story.

When I calm down a bit I realize how stupid this whole situation is. I feel like every teenage girl in modern movies right now. I'm sitting in a toilet stall at school crying thanks to a stupid guy. 

Suddenly I hear the bathroom door open. I hold my breath, trying my best to be quite. I can't cry in front of the guys at school. I wipe away the last of my tears and take a deep breath. I open the stall door and see Ryuji standing by the sinks. For a second I look at him. Should I say something? No, I've already ruined everything. Saying something is only going to make it worse. I turn around and walk out of the bathroom.

As soon as I get out of the bathroom I notice that the corridor is completely empty. I look over at the clock hanging over some of the lockers, my class started five minutes ago. I run to my locker and grab my stuff. Of course class is down stairs. I run downstairs and walk into the classroom. Everybody turns and looks at me.
"Sorry I'm late." I quietly mumble. I sit down at my desk.

Is Ryuji going to skip class today? All because of me being stupid. I was supposed to help him with school not make him skip classes. I hope it all works out. I really like what we had going on. It was really fun hanging out with him. 

"Kurusu, do you know the answer?"
"Oh, I'm sorry. Can you say the question again?"
"Kurusu, if you're late to class I at least expect you to listen to me." He says with a disappointed tone. "My question was what event did Emperor Nero add to the Olympics so he could participate?"
"I'm sorry but I don't know."
"Well then, does anyone else know?" He looks over at the girl in front of me. "Ms. Takamaki, do you know?"
"I think it was singing."
"Correct. The Emperor Nero added singing to the Olympics...." 

I'm sorry this chapter is a week late, I had a lot of things in school and I didn't really feel motivated to write... but now it's here at least!!! I don't feel like promising it anymore but I'm gonna TRY to update every Friday or Saturday from now on.

Also I'm sorry there's not really anything happening yet but soon my friend, soon...

I hope you enjoyed it!

Seven