Chapter 1

CHAPTER 1

Three years ago, when I was thirteen, I lived in Alliance, NC. I was walking home from my first day of eighth grade with my best friend. Back then; I lived a pretty average life with my parents and my younger brother, Scottie. My friend Ashton and I walked home from school together since 5th grade and were practically inseparable. We were almost total opposites, but you know what they say, opposites attract.

Ashton Quin Underwood or Ash has a pretty bad life at home and lives with her hated, drunken father because her mom died when she was three. Ashton has long, flowing golden hair. While I have long, straight, platinum blonde hair. She has striking green eyes with gold flecks and I have deep blue eyes with a silver tint.

Ashton is more outgoing while I am slightly quieter. But the differences stop there. We have similar facial structures and the same knowing smile. We are both extremely intelligent, clever, and witty. We are well known in our school but we tend to keep to ourselves.

Anyway- As we were walking home from school that day, Ash was telling me about a back to school party Jeff was throwing at his house that evening. Jeff was the hottest and most popular guy in our grade, and although neither of us liked him much he was still nice eye candy. *raises eyebrows suggestively*

"It's going to be so much fun" she raved. "We will be able to see Jeff's house, I bet it's big! It will be the first of the many teen parties that we will attend. Should I bring food? Maybe I should bring-."

"Ash!" I interrupted, "what about our parents? You know my mom will never agree to that!"

Ash replied, "Just use your best convincing skills and act mature about it."

"Wish me luck", I said with a wave as I walked up to my front door.

"Luck!", she yelled from her front porch across the street.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

So that was chapter 1

•I know that was a but short but you can keep reading to chapter 2 so theres no wait

~J