S.H.I.E.L.D

Slowly, but surely the shaking and the lights flickering halted, but all eyes were now on me and if I knew anything about interrogation, you don't want the spotlight pointed at you.

"So," asked the old guy, "who exactly are you," but I wasn't answering. No way in hell would they get any info of me? Thomas however was a very different story.

"Wait, your SHEILD aren't you guys supposed to know who everyone is even Robin," yep there he goes destroying all chances at secrecy. Don't I just love him (note the masses of sarcasm dripping of that statement).

"So your names Robin,"

"Did you know that in most countries kidnapping a fifteen year old girl is illegal," I said trying to annoy them.

"When," started the old man, " one of the world's biggest intelligence organisations in the world have no information on you, we become interested. But when the same person is involved with one of the most wanted men on the world we want a conversation with that person," he finished.

I was confused. Did they mean Grant because he wasn't evil or even wanted? He worked for the good guys, Hydra and tried to protect the world. What were these idiots talking about?

"Don't act all high and mighty, you are the one who just kidnapped us," my brother exasperated.

"Well Ward hurt someone I care about and as far as we can tell you two are the only things left in this world the Ward cares about, which means you're the only way I can draw him out," the old man stated. Because that's an excuse. These people were psychos. Thomas and I would get out of her and go to Grant. Thomas and I would escape...

Then the next string of words that come out of my older brother's mouth reminds me why Grants is my only family left. Thomas was no part of the Ward family, if he would give up his family so easily.

"Well when you find him finish him of,"

There was no way out. I was trapped. For a few blissful minutes, my young, ignorant self-came back, and I believed that maybe, just maybe we could be a family again. We could put everything behind us: erase our scarring past and it could be Grant, Thomas and I, the three musqueters, reunited. But there seemed to be no end to my misery, My fate has and always will be headed down a haunting road, and no amount of hoping and praying, and dreaming of a better world would change that.                                                                                                                                   I succumbed to my pain: letting it wash over me as my traitorous brother plotted against his family. I guess in some cases blood is truly thicker than water. A silent waterfall of water released from my bitter eyes, as I curled into more of a ball, huddling away from the world drifting off to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*********************~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dream

A young Robin lay curled in a cocoon of blankets, her hair disguising her face. Her sleeping figure sporadically thrashed on the bed as the girl lay prisoned in her subconscious as she watched a nightmare flicker before her closed eyes.

Outside teenage Grants, ploughed into the quant house, his hands gladdened with petrol, as he smothered every inch of the house in the flammable liquid. It had gone on too long, the suffering, the pain. He wanted it to stop. It had to stop. The three people who were supposed to protect him through thick and thin, love him no matter what he did, cherish and care for, despised his very existence. Taught him that his greatest weakness was love. Contorted the once innocent, naive child into malevolent teenager. But that wasn't what had driven the hormonal adolescent to the edge. Those where all things he could deal with, but it was that they did it to Thomas and Robin.

Neither of them deserved this, they were both too young to fully understand. Thomas was only 10 and Robin 4, yet they still both had to suffer their parent's discipline. He couldn't take watching Robin bleed anymore, or see Thomas' body covered in bruises. This was the only way.

He had planned this to the't'. Neither Thomas nor Robin was home, both supposed to have been at a summer camp, nor did he himself have an alibi. Nothing could go wrong.

A cold smirk etched onto his face. The click of the lighter and the hiss of the flame were music to his ears. With one movement the lighter was thrown into the house, erupting in flames.

And Robin was trapped in her room....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~********************~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

White. That was the only way to describe the room I was in: White. They must have transported me of the plane when they landed. The room was quite simple. There was a white bed. A white sofa and two chairs and a screen projecting an image of a beach. I was cut off from the rest of the world, abounded in this shell and left. Since I had woken up I had received two meals, through a slot in the wall, but apart from that had no contact to anybody, any ideas as to what day it was and lastly where on god's planet I was. I had nothing to do for the hours I had been in here. I tried shouting for some books, but whether they heard me or not they decided to ignore me. I resolved to lying on the bed (which was surprisingly comfy) and going over what had recently happened.

The worst thing about being locked in the room was that I had no means to find out what happened. From what it sounded like those two-faced bureaucracy agents, were planning to attack my brother, but whether they succeeded, failed, if Grant was even alive, was information I was not privileged to have.

Around an hour-ish after I received my last meal, soup, a door ape read from nowhere and in came three people.

The first person to enter, a lady of early 30's, had short auburn hair highlighted with a few blond streaks. Her thick framed glasses slid on the bottom of her nose as she carried several medical looking objects.

The second person to come in was a man of the same age, yet he was tall and lean with slight blond brown stubble covering his face,

Lastly, came another woman of similar age but this one seemed to be of a distant Asian descent, evident by her skin tone and hair.

Together as a group they progressed towards me, not in slightest intimidating, but after her last experience she wasn't taking any chance. The lights started to flicker, as the room warbled slightly, everything moving in the weirdest way and no matter how hard she tried Robin was too scared to control it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So sorry I haven't updated in so long I just keep procrastinating. So as a sorry gift I wrote and extra-long chapter.

Vote~Comment~Share~

1144 WORDS