Chapter 19

1day had gone by. Everything was ready for the funeral. Only the pictures and music needed to be arranged. Zoe had called Elise and uncle Cedric the day before to tell the news. They couldn't care less. "It's not Cedric's mom. So why would we?" Elise had said. 

It was Sunday morning. Calum had stayed over again and Uncle Nick, Aunt Riani and Brad and Aiden came over to arrange everything. The family had stayed in a hotel so they were as close to Zoe as possible. They had send the invites for the funeral to their family and gran's closest friends. Now they were discussing pictures and music. It was harder than it looked. 

Zoe was going through the pictures from the boxes they got from gran's attic. Flounder, gran's cat came along as well. Zoe couldn't let the little kitten stay at the empty apartment. Zoe had named her Flounder when gran got the kitten for her birthday in August. 

Calum had the little kitty on his lap as he patted it and looked at the pictures Zoe was showing him. 

"Oh God, this is when I was eating my first ice cream at the beach." Zoe squeeled out and showed Calum the picture. It was a four year old Zoe with her mouth full of ice cream and her gran and mom beside her, trying to wipe her little face. 

Calum giggled and looked at his fetus girlfriend on the photo. She had light brown curly hair and her eyes were filled with joy. His girlfriend was litterally the cutest. She flipped through the heaps of pictures and smiled with everything she saw. Uncle Nick and aunt Riani were sitting on the other side of the table, going through more pictures while Brad and Aiden tried to find her favorite albums in the boxes they had moved to Zoe's house. 

"Wait... gran liked Blink-182?" Brad suddenly sounded as he showed the Blink-182 album he had found in the box. 

"Yeah, kind of. Me and your dad used to blast this album through the house and she liked it weirdly enough so we bought her the album. She really liked 'I miss you'. It was her favorite song." uncle Nick told Zoe with a small smile, remembering the good old times. 

"Me and my band play that song a lot when we're together. Do you want us to play it live at the church?" Calum suggested, Flounder still on his lap. Nick and Riani looked at each other and then at Calum. 

"That would be really nice, Calum." Riani said with a smile. 

"I'll text my bandmates to ask if they're okay with it." He stated and took his phone out. Zoe started going through the pictures again as Brad put the album on the table so they wouldn't forget about it and went back to the boxes to find other things. 

"I like this picture of her and mom." Zoe said and showed a picture to everyone. Nick nodded, remembering what happened there. 

"It was at the beach when we celebrated grans birthday. Only Joe and Aiden were born, so it was just me, your mom and dad, Riani and those two guys." He said, pointing at another photo where Joe and Aiden were on, smiling like absolute fools. "Gran wanted a picture of her daughter and herself and she never really told why." Zoe nodded and looked at the picture again. She smiled. Her mom was such a beautiful woman. She hoped she would turn out that pretty when she grew older. 

They had gone through every picture and found the perfect one to put with her coffin in church. Zoe invited her friends to the funeral as well. They had a great impact on gran's life as much as they did on Zoe's. 

When they had chosen the picture and brought up some more memories, they went for food together. Then Nick and his family went back to the hotel and Calum stayed with Zoe. 

---------------------------------------------------

It was the day of the funeral and Zoe was getting ready in her room when Calum walked in. He was wearing skinny jeans and a white button up shirt. He looked sharp as always. Zoe smiled at him in the mirror and fixated her eyes on her own reflection again. She was wearing a black dress and her brown hair was curled. Calum walked up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist, resting his head on her shoulder.