Chapter 32: A New Addition

(Y/n) pressed her body against a wall as leverage to maintain her stand. Unsure of how far she had ran, the female looked around her surroundings to coordinate herself while trying to catch a stable breathing pattern.

Her legs and muscles ached from the unpredicted sprint she had to make while her lungs burned and attempted to suffocate her. Panting out her fatigue, she propped her upper body by placing her hands on her knees. Once she took a few seconds to assess her situation and gaze around, the female found herself finally sedating her overwhelming panic. Pressing a hand to her beating chest, she attempted to calm the anxiety building up within her.

'What the hell just happened...?' She questioned, unintentionally drawing her hands up to touch her neck. She could still feel the warmth of the fingers that had looped around her throat, and continued experiencing the illusion of pressure being firmly applied as her oesophagus had threatened to close up to all air. The girl halted her running mind before a rush of fear and instability could permeate through her body. 'Why did he do that...?' Her hands quivered as they locked together in a self-comforting attempt while the rest of her frame conceded in on itself.

As her trepid heart began infecting the rest of her body with queasiness, she felt her whole structure weaken as all she wanted to do was curl up and take time to gather herself. "A day of worry is more exhausting than a week of work." She heard a soft voice regard her, causing the female to jolted back out of the sudden appearance of the newcomer. She stared at the individual that had appeared to comfort her in her time of disquietness and couldn't help but feel an immediate drizzle of serenity ease into her. "It's a quote from a well-known music conductor; John was his name if I remember correctly." Eban informed as a concerned smile poked his lips while he faced the surprised girl. "I feel as though it's quite relevant to what might be happening right now." He commiseratively uttered, giving her a pitying gaze while all she could do was stare in a moment of shock.

When she finally emerged from her moment of stupefaction, she drew in a deep breath and stiffened her body. Her eyes strayed from his as her form shrivelled in to introvert back in seclusion. "Is that your way of saying hi...?" She tried to humour but her tone unintentionally came out as strained and bitter.

Eban lightly scoffed before taking the initiative to approach her with a curious but cautious smirk. "Seemed like 'hi' would be a bit mild considering the situation." He commented, stopping in front of her from a reasonably impersonal distance. "You seem very stressed. Did something happen?"

(Y/n) stared at him for a few moments that he remained tolerant for, as though trying to defuse an explosive while having no notion of which wire to cut. She shortly shuffled, making a brief disconnect with his eyes as no excuse cold arrive in her mind. Eban contained watching with a fixed gaze and a fixed smile that dripped with patience and unyieldingness. (Y/n) could see how adamant he seemed on extracting a confession from her and felt slightly interrogated.

As the female reached around the crevices in her mind to look for a diversion in order to dishearten the male on his search while an explanation was not lodging in her mind. She knew the male was giving her a knowing smile, seeming to be very perceptive on her current experiences. Just as she began despairing on any sort of distraction, Eban chimed in. "I've been taking more pictures, would you like to see?" He questioned, averting on the subject as he took his camera out. The girl was temporarily stunned by the offer and eagerly nodded to the change in subjects.

"Yeah, I'd quite like that." She simply answered, slowly approaching him. She felt her senses remaining on high alert as a result of her previous encounter. The high stiffness in her shoulders and slumped posture betrayed what her mind was trying to hide. However, Eban didn't seem interested in questioning her further at that moment, but instead proceeded to turn the screen on the camera towards her to view the taken images. The girl's mind seemed to become immediately preoccupied as she gazed on the curious image taken. "Wow, what's that?"