"Use my body, Neah. I promise to take care of your memories until you're ready to wake up." He declared full of determination and defiant silver eyes showed his unwavering motivation to carry on Neah's burden.

Meanwhile, a tall man around early to mid twenties with long vibrant hair top with a black hat, obscuring his face, where a golden orb about the size of his fist with a pair of golden wings and a tail nested and wore a black trench coat with an intricate golden linings and rose- cross embeded on his left chest. He paced through the crowd of people, searching for someone in vain until he had enough of aimless search and asked the golden ball sat atop him.

"Can you track him, Timcanpy?"

The golden sphere, now dubbed as Timcanpy flapped its wings and hovered in front of the man before nodding.

"Lead the way then." He ordered Timcanpy which obliged and showed the man the right way.

It was not long before they found the guy.

Neah looked up with his tired half lidded eyes. His exhausted body had taken its toll, thus seeing things were hard, however he can tell who was towering him despite his blurry vision that only worsen by the light from a nearby building behind the man, but the long red hair made him away.

"Hey, Cross... What's up?" He smirked, trying to taunt the man who frowned at him.

Timcanpy landed on Neah's lap who picked it up and smiled. "Hello, my Timcanpy. How are...you doing...?"

As if to say yes, Timcanpy smiled, showing two lines of sharp razor teeth.

The lone young man then looked up to face Cross. "... How's life?"

"It's hell." Grumbled the red headed man, earning a light hearted chuckled from Neah that turned into a coughing fit.

He admired the man's knowledge in Science and Sorcery, but his hate of a certain place amused him. "Cross..." Neah trailed off. "Please watch... after my brother. ...I promise when... you do I'll be back."

Cross nodded, not showing any emotions but seriousness. "I promise."

Neah, for one last time, smiled in trust and contentment and with one last breath, he told his friend to go and leave him.

Cross wanted to take his body with him to give him a proper burial, but had no such luck when he noticed something at the corner of his eye. He saw a fat shadow, wearing top hat approaching them. Not wanting to take any risk at confronting the man, with one last mourning glance at his fallen friend he fled with Timcanpy close behind.

The Millenium Earl, the one who owned the shadow Cross saw rounded the corner and saw the lifeless body of Neah whom he treated like his brother. Upon seeing the heart clenching scene before him, he cried Neah's name and fell on knees. He pulled Neah into an embrace and cried, racking their bodies.

"I'm so sorry, Neah." Cried the Earl. He went on like that for quite some time until he felt a small hand on his left shoulder. He then pulled away and rubbed his tears away with his right sleeve and looked over his shoulder to find the girl with short spiky blue hair in purple Lolita dress. She had the trademark of the Noah; ashen skin, golden eyes, and a line of seven stigmata on forehead. She looked at the Earl forlornly and hugged him, tears cascading down her cheeks.

Cross walked out of the alley without sparing a glance at the group that huddled over his fallen friend behind as he joined and blended with the crowd in the main street with his new found companion, Timcanpy, perched on his hat.

He knew what pushed Neah to where he ended. He did not want the idea of the Earl; annihilating the human race, because he cared for his mother and brother so much he betrayed his another family, the Noah clansmen. Neah wanted to escape the clutches of the dysfunctional family he had spent time with and decided to run away, but no matter what and how hard he tried he could not leave the Noah's den because no matter where their family member was they will always find him. And, it made Neah massacred the Noah family, so he and his brother that he protected with his life could be free. He failed in the end however as there were two who survived the massacre and the family head took his life away, leaving his brother alone with nobody.