Chapter 24 - First Class

London, October 18th 1987

There were people everywhere. I had almost forgotten how busy airports could be. I scanned the crowds for a sign that would take me to the private area where Jon would be getting off the plane. Of course, he couldn't just get off where normal people do, he would be bombarded.

I won't lie, I was a little nervous. What if he came back and he had changed his mind about me? What if he had slept with someone else? What if he got a girlfriend whilst he was out there? I was panicking a little, but I pushed that panic down and let the excitement of seeing him fill my body.

It had been 2 long lonely months of not seeing him, and only hearing his voice on the other end of the phone. I couldn't wait to finally see him. I wondered if he had changed much in the time we had been apart. I finally spotted the sign for the VIP lounge and headed towards it.

The crowds slowly dispersed and I felt a little out of my league as I walked toward the VIP area. There were a lot of people in suits staring at me, probably wondering what the hell some chick with an AC/DC shirt and a leather jacket was doing walking through the VIP lounge.

"Excuse me ma'am can I see your pass please?" I whipped my head around to see a man, smartly dressed in a waistcoat staring at me.

"I'm sorry?"

"Do you have a pass to be here?" He questioned again – he obviously worked here. He looked down his nose at me and scanned my body up and down. He looked disgusted. Well sorry I'm not a smartly dressed human being with so much money I don't know what to do with it.

"Uh, no..." I said, looking around to try and see where the gates the passengers get off at where. "I'm just picking up my..." I had that problem again. I didn't really know what to call Jon. My friend? Boyfriend? Lover? Guy from my poster? "Friend. Do you know where they come out?"

"Well, I'm sorry ma'am but you can't be here if you don't have a pass" He completely disregarded my question and went straight to telling me I couldn't be there.

"Okay, but can you just tell me where they will come out so I can wait for him please" I said, and the guy started to put his arm round me to shoo me out the room.

"I'm sorry ma'am that classified information, only for VIP members only to know" He continued to try and move me out the room, but I didn't want to go until I knew where Jon would be coming out.

"Well, that's a stupid rule. I'm picking up my friend, I need to know where he's coming out" I started to get a little angry at this guys constant attempts to move me away.

"Well, you can wait for him in the main airport" He stated, putting his arm round me again to try and ferry me out the room. I looked around the room, and all the posh people in suits were staring at us. I was probably making a scene.

"Ma'am you need to leave now" He said sternly. I knew that no matter what I said, he wouldn't let me stay and I couldn't exactly shout to the whole airport that I was picking up Jon Bon Jovi. Even if I told him he probably wouldn't believe me. I sighed, nodded my head in defeat and began walking out of the room.