Tamia went over to the closet to do as instructed. She pulled out a Giorgio Armani suit for December, and a blue Roberto Cavalli dress with heels of the same color for herself. She laid everything out on the bed and turned toward December, subconsciously avoiding making direct eye contact with him. "Where are we going?" she asked quietly.

"I'm trying to get a new connect and I need my woman on my arm. Why? You got somewhere else to be? I highly doubt it. I'm about to go get Tania dressed. Anthony should be pulling up soon. Hurry up and put your clothes on." He picked Tania up and carried her out of the room.

Tamia got dressed quickly and put her hair into a messy bun. She put a small amount of makeup on her neck where December's hand had left dark bruises. By the time she was done, December was coming back into the room. He looked over her clothes and smiled before disrobing and putting on his suit, along with a pair of loafers. He put a diamond on his left ear and a watch on his wrist, and then observed his reflection in the mirror. After confirming what he already knew to be true- the fact that he looked good enough to eat- he grabbed the keys to his Phantom and led Tamia out of the room.

As soon as they stepped into the living room, the front door opened and Anthony strode into the house. "What up, y'all?" He kissed Tamia on the forehead and dapped December up. "Where's my niece?"

"She's in her room. Mia and I are about to head out. Do me a favor and tell Val that I need her and Nina to hold shit down for me until I get back, alright?" December replied.

"I got you. Go out and do your thing, D. I'll get up with you later."

December grabbed Tamia's hand, and they walked out of the house. He got settled behind the wheel of his car, and she made herself comfortable in the passenger's seat. December didn't bother turning on the radio as he pulled out of his driveway, partly because he knew Tamia didn't like unnecessary noise, and partly because he was in the mood for conversation.

"Mia, what's good with you, baby?" he asked. He waited a few seconds for her to respond, and a frown covered his face when he realized that she didn't intend to. "Tamia, are you alright? Don't you hear me talking to you?"

Tamia continued to look out of the window. "I hear you, December. I just don't feel like talking right now."

"What's wrong? You not feeling good or something? Do you need anything?"

"Do I need anything? Damn right, I need something! What I need..." She took a deep breath, lowered her voice, and turned towards December. "What I need is for you to stop putting your hands on me, December. I'm not one of your hoes, so you don't have to hit me. I'm your woman, not your child."

December snickered and shook his head. "And I need you to stop pissing me the fuck off all the time, Tamia. I need you to learn how to shut the hell up and listen. I need you to understand just how far your power reaches in my house. I don't want to put my hands on you. You do that shit to yourself."

"Really? I do? You're just a coldhearted muthafucka, December, and-"

"And don't you forget that shit. The fact that you're still alive should mean something to you. I wouldn't allow none of them other bitches in the house to live another day after talking to me the way you do. That's love, Tamia. I guess the feelings aren't mutual if you can't see that."

"Whatever, December. You know that I love you. I just don't love the fact that you take your frustrations out on me, especially when I don't deserve it. And I know that you love me- I want to believe it, at least- but it's easy for me to forget that when you're constantly using me as a punching bag."

December sighed as he found a spot in the parking lot of a popular restaurant called Paradise. He pulled the key out of the ignition and ran his hand through his hair. "I hear you, Mia. I really do, and I'm sorry."