"Well, what are we waiting for then?" I questioned. "Let's go!"

......

The ball was being hosted at Kirigakure's only Grand Ballroom. I was surprised at how lavish the event seemed to be for the men and women that were entering the building were all dressed beautifully. When the limo pulled up to the front entrance, I stepped out to be greeted by the sounds of classical music floating through the air and the gentle murmurings of a crowd of people. Memories resurfaced as I remembered the many such similar events I attended to as a young girl. Kurenai handed the formal invitation to the man guarding the door and he gave it a quick glance before he waved us inside. As we stepped through the doors, the scene lay out before us.

The ballroom was beautiful with huge sparkling chandeliers and gilded ceilings. The walls were covered with a beautiful cream wallpaper inlaid with gold scrollwork. There was a stage on the opposite side of the room that was framed by thick velvet curtains held back by gold rope. The area in front of the stage seemed to be left open for dancing, and I spotted several couples already occupying the floor. Next to the stage on the left, a small orchestra was playing, revealing the source of the music. The ballroom was quite large with the sides of the room interspersed with cloth covered tables to sit at. At the far right side of the room, I noticed a long table that held refreshments and different plates of food. Wait staff floated around the space with trays of champagne or appetizers. It was truly an extravagant affair designed to mirror the grande balls of the old days.

"Well, it looks like you guys made it."

I turned to the sound of the voice and recognized two familiar figures.

"Darui, Cee!" I exclaimed.

"Glad to see you remembered our names," Darui smiled as he said this.

"Well of course."

Cee walked closer to me and held out his hand. Without even thinking about it, I placed my hand in his. He bowed low and kissed the back of my hand. He stood back up but kept a hold of my hand. "I would say my prediction is right but I don't think the word lovely does you justice."

I smiled demurely. "Surely you are just flattering me."

"Not at all. I would even say that you are the most beautiful woman here."

"Alright, that's enough smooth talking."

I looked up just in time to see Kakashi grab my hand and pull it from Cee's grasp. Kakashi gave him a cold glare but Cee seemed unfazed by it.

"Hey guys, there's some people I think you should meet." Darui addressed us.

I was glad for the distraction. "Who are they?"

"Let's just say they're important people."

The PAL's followed after Darui and Cee tagged along behind the group. I was so focused on not losing Darui in the crowd that I almost didn't realize where we were heading. Don't tell me he meant those people!

Sure enough he went exactly where I feared he was going. My eyes widened in surpise at the easy familiarity in which he addressed the group.

"Raikage, Mizukage, and Kazekage. I would like to introduce to you the PAL's volunteer group from Konoha which we've heard so much about."

I gave them a curtsy and said, "It's an honor to meet you."

"Oh you're so cute," the Mizukage giggled as she spoke, "there's no need to be so formal dear. Tell me, what is your name?"

"Asami Kanashe."

"Oh! You're the niece of Saito Kanashe! Your uncle has told me so much about you!"