Across the Universe

Love was not a word I was very familiar with. In fact, it was just about as foreign to me as anything really could be. But that all changed when one of my best friends Paige dragged me to a One Direction concert. I mean, I wanted to go, but I knew how deep her obsession ran. When we got to the hotel in Louisville (wink wink), Paige and I got dressed in the cutest clothes we could possibly find. She was dressing up just in case her supposed lover, Niall, was to pick her out of the crowd. I just laughed it off at the time. Little did I know what was in store for me.

----------------------One Year Earlier----------------------

"Paige, are you almost done?" I yelled as I was trying to get my purse organized. We were already 15 minutes behind schedule.

"Yea, almost done babe," she retorted.

"Well, I think we might be late."

"Alright, I'll skip the extra eyeliner."

"Wow, what a sacrifice!" I replied sarcastically.

"Katie, I am SO nervous," she said as she peaked out of the bathroom.

"It's going to be okay, Paigey."

Honestly, I wasn't so sure about that. She was being a crazy fangirl and I was convinced her heart would stop any moment. After another 10 minutes of final primping, Paige and I headed out of our hotel and into the rental car her mom had rented. The whole way there we blasted "What Makes You Beautiful" and sang at the top of our lungs. When we finally arrived at the auditorium, I was surprised by how close our seats were to the stage.

When One Direction finally appeared on stage, Paige started screaming like a little girl. I just plugged my ears and tried not to permanently lose my hearing. Before the song "Gotta Be You", they took out a huge glass ball and said they would pick a random seat number from it. The lucky girl and a friend got to go up on stage with the band. Zayn reached into the ball, shuffled around for a bit, and finally, confidently pronounced a number: "D203!"

"Oh my gosh, Paige, I bet you that girls going to get so much hate mail after this."

"Um, Katie?" Paige said as I saw two large security guards moving towards me.

"What?" I replied nervously.

"D203 is your seat."

...to be continued