Jordan looked as though she was going to continue, but Alex cut her off with a bark of laughter. "Isn't it hilarious?" He asked, turning to me and wiping his eyes with one hand as the other clutched his stomach. "Everyone thinks she likes- loves, even- Hunter! Ah, that's so priceless!"

The look on Jordan's face was a mix of annoyance and confusion. Probably directed toward Alex, since he was crying with laughter, but a moment later, I was doubling over in laughter myself.

"Ridiculous," she scowled, watching as Alex fell on the floor.

"Sorry, Jordan," I chuckled, wiping my eyes with the back of my hand. Alex still hadn't stood up from the floor. "But that really is funny. It shouldn't be, but it is."

"I'm not laughing," she said, raising her hands a little.

"You should be!" Alex called from the floor, not bothering to stand up. He finished laughing uncontrollably, and Jordan looked as though she wanted to start beating him up. It still wouldn't have affected him. "It's really funny if you think about it!"

Ignoring his comments, Jordan changed the topic. "Where are all the other guys that live here?" She asked, glaring as Alex pretended to have trouble standing up. She rolled her eyes, turning to me. "They never seem to be here. Ever."

"Because they're always out with their girlfriends," Alex answered before I could, jumping to his feet and standing next to me. "But Jesse and I? We have to deal with you."

"How flattering," Jordan glared, crossing her arms.

"I know."

"What about your friends?" Jordan now turned toward me. I knew exactly which friends she was talking about, and I had no idea what was going on with them. I barely spoke to them. "Those fools have girlfriends, too?"

I shrugged, not caring much about what they did. "I don't really know. I kind of stopped hanging out with them ever since we got here."

Her eyes widened. "Then who do you hang out with now?"

"Himself," Alex smirked, stuffing his hands into his pockets. "He always stays in the cabin all the time like a hermit."

As he was caught off guard, I raised my arm and elbowed in the stomach. Alex yet out a shout, doubling over and holding onto his side. Jordan looked surprised that I actually hurt Alex, but it was all because he was caught off guard and I hit him in just the right place.

"I hang out with this doofus here," I answered Jordan's question, pointing my thumb toward Alex who was trying to straighten himself up.

"Yeah, he has a very loving way of showing friendship," Alex groaned, stepping away from me. "But now, if you excuse me, I'll go hang out with my girlfriend so you two can have your lovey-dovey time alone together. The sexual tension is radiating off both of you like heat radiates off the sun..."

"Alex!" Jordan shouted loudly, covering her mouth soon after.

He winked, opening the door and stepping outside. "See you later."

After the door shut, Jordan and I continued to stand there in silence. What were we supposed to say after Alex just shouted something like that?

"He's so embarrassing," Jordan broke the silence, crossing her arms. "It's like he lives to tease me or something. How could someone like that be in a gang?"

"He's one hell of a fighter," I said, sitting on my bed. I gestured for Jordan to come and sit next to me, which she happily agreed. "And it's almost like he's immune to pain or something. What happened right there was just because I caught him off guard. If we were fighting or something, unless I shot or stabbed him, he'd be alright."