25

(A/N: I am so damn sorry I have taken a billion years to upload. Life has just been happening and I haven't had much time. It's okay tho y'all, I'll try getting back on track.

Disclaimer: This chapter is unedited so ignore typos, I'm too lazy to proof-read.)

I sat on the couch impatiently, god damn I was nervous. Today was the day. Finally. I was meeting Grayson. It had been weeks since we had first started talking and ever since it was like I couldn't get enough.

Sure enough, the doorbell rang. Luckily, no one was home at the moment (my parents were out at some festival down in Santa Monica), so it'd just be the two of us. I ran to the door in my hoodie and leggings and opened the door wide to a grinning Grayson Dolan.

My first thought was, holy fucking shit he's even hotter in person.

My second was, oh my god close your mouth, Leilani.

I swear I was practically drooling.

"Leilani fucking Kathleen."

I smiled, his voice was like a damn angel, and stepped forward, wrapping my arms around his rock hard torso. His scent was like a mix of the most expensive cologne in Calvin Klein and old spice. It was an interesting combination but somehow it worked perfectly.

"You're even prettier in person. And that's saying something." His chest rose to the rhythm of his breath as I pressed my cheek against his body.

"Oh stop, you're makin' me blush."

He chuckled lightly before I yanked him inside and led him to the basement where I usually spent my time watching TV or working out. The set up was of course inspired by the iconic That 70s Show, the couch and recliner were against the back wall with a flatscreen set up on a stand in the front of the room. The washer and dryer sat on the opposite side of the room and my workout equipment sat beside the stairs. Of course, being the most extra person ever, I hung a tapestry and laid out a fuzzy 70s style rug with a small coffee table. It was as if That 70s Show was filmed in Beverly Hills.

"This is quite a setup you got here."

"Oh trust me, I know. I'm so damn extra I swear. This isn't even my room."

"No I like it a lot, actually." He scanned around the room, examining the various details.

"Come on, let's watch a movie!"

+++

"No. Fucking. Way." I laughed (more like screeched) as he went on telling childhood stories about him and Ethan. I hadn't even pressed play on the movie considering we had been talking about memories for the previous hour and a half.

"I'm not even kidding, the stitches reopened and we had to get them redone but holy shit it hurt so bad."

"One time my brother and I were running up these rocks at the beach and he slipped, his forehead was completely split open and for a split second I could deadass see his skull."

"Does he have a scar? Wait, you have a brother?" His hands pulled his side of the blanket up a little bit just to keep warm in the coldest room of the house.

"Had. He passed away two years ago."

Here it comes, I thought. The 'I'm so sorry for your loss' and 'How'd he die?'. At this point I was used to it. No one really knew what to say when someone mentioned a lost loved one.

"Oh, I'm sorry." He bit his lip lightly before surprising me, "What's your favorite memory with him?"

"What?"

"Your favorite memory. What's something that just like makes you smile when you think about him."

"Umm... I mean, there was this one time when him and I were running around this elementary school. We stumbled across the dumpsters and, of course being a couple kids, rummaged through to find the fucking jackpot. There were donuts, cupcakes. The whole shebang. There had been a class party or some shit like that but oh damn, that was just..." I trailed off, staring off at the blank wall. I never really talked about him without crying. Not until now.

"Do you miss him?"

"Yeah..." I just stared. I felt as if I could open up to him which was weird considering I had a hard time holding a deep conversation with anyone I knew for this long. He didn't say anything. Instead he opened his arms for me and I crawled into his lap, letting him embrace me against his body. I didn't feel the need to say more, if I did I had a feeling I would've cried.

So we just stayed silent, letting each other fall deep within our personal thoughts. He was probably thinking about his brother, and I was thinking about my own.