Lies

I walked silently, the raindrops making little 'plops' as they fell onto the gray cement. My shoes scuffed as the dirty laces flopped on the rain drenched cement.

The person I loved most was getting married, to a beautiful woman who had everything I didn't, including his love.

My heart aches just thinking about his eyes. My skin tingled thinking about his touch. My eyes filled with tears thinking about his smile. My breathing wavered as I thought about his lips, and how they made my lips feel complete.

How would I ever feel happy? How could I ever love anyone again? How would I live without him?

I didn't even realize it but I was at the end of the sidewalk. The cars driving by were taunting me, telling me to walk into the road, telling me to end it.

I lifted my left foot and watched as I put it on the black road. Then my right. Then the left. Then the right.

Now I was in the middle of the street, there was an incoming car, it was a few feet away. I turned my head to it and time slowed down as I saw the woman's terrified face as she screamed, pressing her foot on the brake.

I took a shaky breath, and soon the metal hit my ribs and pushed me up into the hood. I tumbled onto the roof of the car, and then back onto the road.

I felt nothing, and my head was turned to the left. I could see the trail of blood from my head. And little black spots.

I heard screaming in the background, but I was focused on the low humming. A soft little song, it soothed me, and the black spots got bigger.

The humming got louder and the black spots took over my vision. Soon a bright light shone.

And in no time I was standing in the same street, looking down at...myself.

My eyes were open, drained of color, and my face was pale.

My left arm was out of place and my right knee was bent upwards.

My lip was bleeding, as was my nose and head. The blood mixed together and ran down the road into a water gutter.

The woman from the car was sobbing and on her knees, and I realized who she was. It was my mom! She was hugging me now, my blood covering her white button up shirt.

I ran to her and put my hand on her shoulder, sitting on my knees, but she didn't look up.

"What did I do?!!" she cried.

"Mom. It's ok, I'm ok, look at me." I said, but she just kept crying, and I realized, I was dead.

I stood up and looked around. People stood on the sidewalk, videotaping and gasping. Some were shaking there heads, others were calling people.

Soon an ambulance arrived, along with police. They rushed to my body, and checked for a pulse, but of course there was none. The police told people to back away, and put my mother in handcuffs. She accepted sadly and kept crying. They shoved her into a police car, and the paramedics shook there heads.

"Time of death, 7:39 A.M, Friday, May 10th." the one paramedic sighed. The other one grabbed a gurney and lifted my lifeless body. They laid a black plastic body bag on the gurney and put my body in it. They zipped the bag up and put the gurney in the back of the ambulance.

I felt a single tear slide down my face, as I stood there watching my dead body be driven away in an ambulance, as my mother's life was ruined. The police car drove away  and soon everyone walked away, leaving only the car and the stream of blood, my blood.

  I looked around and began running, running to the one person that always gave me comfort. I don't care that I'm a ghost, or that he won't care, or that he's getting married in a month. All I cared about was how much I loved him.