Tree

A/N: Warning! This one shot contains suicide so please don't read if that can harm you in anyway, you are more important than words.

I walked outside into the crisp winter air and stared at the tree.
You see when I was about 7 we moved to this house, the one I still lived in even after my family moved. And when we first got here, I felt alone.
One day I met this boy, he was beautiful, and he became my best friend. His name was Dallon.
I met Dallon at the tree and we would always meet there and talk for hours.
When I turned 17, everything changed, it was the worst year ever.
:::::::::::::
2 years ago

"Brendon!" I heard Dallon yell as I came towards the tree. "Your 17!!!" he said as he engulfed me with a hug. I chuckled and hugged him back.
"Yeah, I know, thanks." I said happily. Dallon pulled away from the hug, he looked worried. "What's wrong Dal." I said concerned. "Nothing it's just I-" he started, now sweating, then he surprisingly gained some confidence and blurted out, "ilikeyoubrendon." I didn't understand him so I raised an eyebrow in confusion. He took a deep breath and repeated what he said, slower this time. " I. Like. You. Brendon." his cheeks grew pink, I didn't know how to respond.
I had liked Dallon since I met him, I thought about telling him, but my pessimistic mind said that it was all a joke. Sadly, I listened to that part my brain and I filled with anger.
"Oh yeah real fucking funny you asshole." I spat, Dallon looked taken aback, he opened his mouth to say something but quickly closed it. "I thought you were a friend, but now you're going to make fun of my sexuality! Look I've liked you Dallon since the day we met, and I know you don't like me so fuck off. Don't ever talk to me again you little fuck. I hate you." I screamed, tears escaping my eyes.
I didn't mean the last part, I loved Dallon, but I was to mad to apologize. I looked up and saw Dallon's beautiful blue eyes filled with tears. He looked down at me, he looked hurt, but I didn't care.
I quickly walked away and back to my house.

It had been a few hours since to the thing with Dallon, I wanted to apologize.
I didn't know where he was, but it was worth a shot to go to the tree, maybe he stayed there, or maybe he went back.
I didn't know where he lived, and I didn't have his number, so the tree was my best shot.
I quickly ran out of the house, it was dark now and I couldn't see very well, but I knew my way to the tree by heart.
When I got close I saw something, and my heart dropped.
"NOO!" I screamed out, running to the tree. I hoped it was just my eyes, but it wasn't.
There in front of me was the man I loved, my best friend, Dallon, with his neck in a noose and his tall body hanging in mid air. His eyes were open, even in the dark I could see they were drained of their blue and were a cold, lifeless gray color.
"DALLON NOOO! DALLON WAKE UP! I LOVE YOU PLEASE DINT LEAVE MEEE! DALLLON!" I screamed, holding onto the body, I was crying, shaking. I couldn't live without him.
I was still crying when I spotted a piece of paper next to the tree.
I grabbed it, there was writing in it, it was Dallon's hand writing. It said:

Dear Brendon,
I know you hate me, I'm so sorry I really am. I do love you, and I always will. You are my best friend, and the love of my life.
I know I've always been so happy, but really, I'm very depressed. I've thought of hanging myself for years, but then I thought of you, and I didn't do it because I love you so much. But now, you hate me, and it's all my fault because I'm a freak. The thought of you never being my friend was to much, I can't live without you.
I' love you Brendon, and I always will, happy 17th birthday. I'll give you your wish, I'll leave, for good.

Goodbye Brendon
Love Dallon

I'm sorry.

I couldn't believe what I read. He was really gone, and it was because of me.
::::::::::::::

It's been 2 years since Dallon hung himself, but everyday feels like the first day without him, lonely.
Everyday I look out of my window and see the tree, and everyday I can still picture him hanging there.
I tried to take my life after it happened, I overdosed. But my mom saved me. And I went into a coma for a week, but it seemed like only a day.
I saw Dallon, he said that he wouldn't let me die, and then I woke up.
Since then I was diagnosed with depression and was put in therapy. I still go.
My therapist is nice, his name's Spencer. He lost a friend to suicide as well, his name was Ryan.
I hope Ryan and Dallon are friends because I don't want Dallon to feel as lonely as I do.

I looked back at the tree, and then at the noose in my hand. I'm coming Dallon.

A/N: WOW. That was sad, anyways, I hope you liked this, and please comment and vote so I know you did enjoy this. Go check out my Joshler fic called Help My Soul. I posted the first chapter and I really liked it. Anyway, Happy Mother's Day... I'll see you next one shot, byeeeeeeeee

-Sammy