2

Melody's POV

Waking up was uncomfortable. I was sore and in desperate need of food and a stretch. Yawning I lifted my arms and stretched, ahh- "Ouch!" What the hay hay? I frowned and sat up, looking at the patch on my shoulder.

"Yip, yip, yip! Careful!" I turned to see Ratchet who was now standing up. His hands were on his hips and he gave me a stern look, "That armature patch job was the best I could do on such short notice. We have a lot of things to talk about young femme." I lowered my head in guilt causing him to sigh. "Why didn't you tell me sooner? I could have helped!"

"Because you're already dealing with a lot. Hiding from big bad men, being badly hurt, nearly dying." I looked up at him making eye contact, "I've manged for 3 years. I didn't want to worry you."

"Managed." He lightly corrected. "And no sparkling should have to deal with such things! That pit spawned fragger is worse than a Decepticon!" I didn't really understand what a deceptecon was but I was happy he cared. "Look, I have to leave soon." What? No! "I don't want to leave you though. And now that I know what your sire does I cannot, in good conscious, leave you here. So, I'm taking you with me."

I don't think I've ever smiled so much and so big in my life. "Really?!" My body tingled with excitement.

He smiled down at me. "Indeed. I would send you back so you could retrieve your necessities but I don't think that is wise."

"Don't worry!" I pointed to the far left corner in the back of the barn. "I have an emergency bag just in case he kicked me out without letting me pack!"

He gave me a sad look, "Well... that's good. Would you be ok with leaving tonight? I picked up an Autobot signal in a place called 'Monument Valley.' It was faint and brief; they must be in need of medical care."

I gasped, "I know where that is! It's in Arizona!" I grinned and bounced on my heels happy to help. "We can leave right now if you want." I stopped bouncing on my heels and gasped again, this time in worry, "Wait, they might need medical help?! We gotta leave now! Oh, I hope they're ok!!" I don't think I have enough Band-Aids for them...

"Calm down Melody. We are Cybertronians, Autobots none the less! I am sure they are fine." Oh yaaa! They need welding, not Band-Aids. I giggled lightly, silly me.

"Okie. But can I bring some of my trinkets with me?"

I watched as he paced around. "Yes yes." He answered distractedly. "We'll need money, I'll need a new alt-mode..."

I zoned out with a frown. How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop? I shrug to myself and run over to my emergency bag. It held jeans, shirt, a sweater, underwear, sketch pads, pencils, a toothbrush, toothpaste, and a pocket knife I stole from my dad. Picking the bag up I walked over to my metal desk and open the middle right drawer. I listened to Ratchet mumble more while I opened the secret compartment and pulled out my emergency money. Five hundred smack-a-roos! Booyakasha!

"Hey Ratch." He stopped mumbling and noticed me. Yes, notice me senpai. "Will 500 dollars help you?"

I raise my hand up to him showing that I did, in fact, have the money. "Wha?" All of a sudden a sand blonde man in jeans, green shoes with white laces, green shirt, a white lab coat, and black glasses appeared in front of me. I let out a surprised squeak and pulled the money to my chest. "When did- how did you get so much money?"

The strange man spoke with Ratchet's voice. "Ratchet? Is that you?"

He blinked a few times, "Huh? What are you- oh." A look of realization crossed the man's face before he smiled at me. "Yes Melody. It is I: Ratchet. This is my holoform. It lets me blend in better with you humans."