Chapter 4: The New Boyfriend

Kian

       As soon as I saw the beautiful Andrea Russett, I threw my arms around her, embracing her in a hug. She smelled really good, like she was dipped into a Hollister store or something, so fruity and feminine. Her long, brown hair brushed lightly across my bare shoulder, giving me goose bumps across my skin.

       "Hey, Andrea." Sam said warmly, smiling at her while standing atop his penny board.

       Andrea smiled at Sam, then looked at me, "Can you and I talk?"

       I looked at Sam, then back at Andrea.

       She said, "Alone?"

       "Oh!" Sam said, after a long silent moment finally realizing that Andrea wanted him to get lost.

       "So, you know Hunter from AwesomenessTV?"

       I nodded and smiled. I am familiar with Hunter, not that I necessarily know him and we are not really friends, but I've seen him at AwesomenessTV a few times while I was there acting. I know that he and Andrea are pretty good friends, they work closely on shows like IMO and in some skits.

       Andrea looked down, breaking our eye contact, "Well, he actually asked me out today."

       "Yeah?" I said, confused as to why she was telling me this. I mean, I was pretty sure that she did not like Hunter in that way like she would accept a date with him.

       "And I said yes."

       I smiled, trying to cover up the sound of my heart shattering inside of my chest. Here I am, trying to decide the right time to ask Andrea to be my girlfriend, yet she apparently is into Hunter. I guess I was wrong, she really does have feelings for this guy.

       "That's great, Andrea." I lied, forcing a wide smile.

       She looked down at my Penny, which I had in my hands and I was fidgeting with nervously, "I wanted to tell you, since you and I have grown so close lately. You're one of my best friends, Kian."

       Ouch, friendzoned. Hard.

       "Thanks." I said dryly, still forcing that smile. My heartbeat was so loud, I could barely hear myself think, not that I was thinking much at all.

       "Hey, Sam!" Andrea called, probably so that she and I would no longer be alone, as it was clearly awkward now.

       Sam rode over, cruising our way on Jc's rasta board. He smiled at me, I returned a cold look as he hopped off the board and caught it tastefully.

       "What?" he mouthed to me, looked at Andrea who was looking down, then back to me.

       I shook my head, then went to my phone as a mode of telling him what was going on.

To Sammers:

Apparently she isn't into me, she's with Hunter now. That prick from Awesomeness.

       Alright, I'll admit it, being cold towards Hunter was not fair, let alone calling him a prick. But, I mean, he stole my girl right from under me, it isn't like I was not going to be angry about it. He really didn't steal her though either, he and I don't even know each other and he doesn't know I like her.

       Sam read the text, then looked at me, not saying anything.

       "Hello?" Andrea said, out of nowhere, answering her phone.

       Sam and I both looked at her, staying silent while she was on the phone.

       "I'm hanging out with Kian Lawley and Sam Pottorff," she told the person on the phone, "But, I guess I can meet you."

       Well, I guess she's leaving. I have a feeling that she didn't exactly have to go, though, I think she wanted to get away from anymore awkward moments between her and I.

       "I can't believe this shit." I complained to Sam and Jc on the couch.

       "There are plenty of other fish in the sea." Jc reminded me.

       I rolled my eyes, shaking my head, "I shouldn't have been such a fucking chicken and just asked her out, then she would be dating me right now."

       Sam stood, patted me on the shoulder and before going upstairs told me, "It will all fall into place, Ki. I promise." Sam wasn't typically a deep guy or a "thinker" about things like this, so his words actually made the sting of Andrea's news a little better.

       "Yeah, man," Jc added, "Whether it's with Andrea or another girl, you'll find someone great for you."

       I smiled, "Thanks, Jc."