With a sigh I dropped my bag next to the mini-fridge and grabbed a soda. "Might as well work on Shock." That's the Stingray's name. ^.^ He's an old black 1960 Corvette Stingray with silver patches on the sides. Turning on one of the fixed radios I get to work.

~~~

I woke up with a start. The loud rolling of the barn doors being roughly closed and something heavy falling disturbed my slumber. I looked around finding that I fell asleep under Shock. "That's dangerous." I sleepily mummer and roll out from under him. Sitting up I sleepily rub my eyes. A deep, soft groan causes me to quickly look around. I see a tall metal... thing in front of me. "Huh?" Upon further inspection (a.k.a I looked up) I found that the metal thing was really a leg to a giant robot.

The robot was huge and lime green, covered in blue and green goop, suffering obvious wounds. "Fragging back stabbing, no good, pit spawned humans. After all we've done!" He continues to mumble to himself as he looks over his wounds. At least he sounds like a he. After a few minutes he sighs tiredly.

Maybe now I should make myself known. I step closer to him and hesitantly call out, "E-Excuse me?" His eyes widen and his arm quickly shifts and remakes itself into a cannon. My eyes widen as he points it at me.

I give him a timid smile and his narrowed eyes widen again, "A sparkling?" He retracts his gun but still keeps it at the ready. "Hello little one. What is your designation?"

I smile brightly up at him. "My designotion is Melody and I'm seven!"

He smiles lightly and transforms his gun back into a hand. "Designation." He lightly corrects. "Nice to meet you Melody, I am Ratchet. Where are your parental units?" He looks around a bit before returning his gaze to me.

"My mom is with Tom and my dad is eating dinner." He quirks and eyebrow shifts slightly causing him to wince. I frown and tilt my head, "Are you hurt?"

He sighed and surveyed the damage to his body. "Yes, big bad men are out to get me. They badly wounded me in the process. Nearly ripped out my spark!" His tone was light but coated in anger. He carefully examined me, "You are hurt as well are you not?"

My tongue shot out and swiped over my bottom lip, the faint metallic taste of blood still there. "Ya, but I'm ok! I can help you though! I know how to weld and a little about first aid." I smile proudly, puffing out my chest.

"I don't know." He looked down at me worriedly, "Energon can be dangerous for humans. Plus your human first aid isn't really that helpful because I'm Cybertronian."

"I'll be careful!" I held out my pinky. "Pinky promise! Maybe you could teach me a bit about first aid for Cybertarians."

"Cybertronians." He corrected me again. "I suppose you could help a little... for educational purposes." I smiled and nodded enthusiastically. "Very well. You'll need to carefully clean up the energon first though."

~~~
I managed to reattach Ratchets leg, weld his wounds closed, and reconnect/repair his wires. "You did splendidly Melody." Ratchet praised. I grinned proudly at myself; I even learned basic Cybertronian anatomy. "It is 3 in the morning," He informs. "Are your parental units not worried?"

I shake my head while putting away the tools I used to repair Ratchet. "My dad said I'm not allowed back until the late afternoon."

A shocked look crossed his face, "Why on Earth would your Sire do that?" He was alarmed as he scanned me, as if he could find the answers visibly on me.

"I spoke without permission." I looked down sadly, "After he punished me he told me to make dinner and get out. That I'm not allowed back till tomorrow afternoon." He looked at me with sad optics, "But hey, if he didn't kick me out I'd never have met you!" I smiled up at him trying to lighten the mood.