I

Third POV.

Sophia ran. She ran from the walker that was chasing her. She ran from the strange noise that seemed to follow her since Rick left her to lead walkers away. She was terrified when she saw the third walker appear. She couldn't stay there, there was only one exit in the small opening Rick hid her in. So she ran. She ran from the walker, the noise, and sadly away from the highway where she knew her mom was worried. She didn't want to risk the walker hurting her mom or her friends. She continued to run, not seeing the tree root until she tripped and the walker had her pinned to the ground.

"Help!" Sophia cried out for someone. "Anyone! Help! Please!" She began to push the walker, by the neck, away from her so it didn't bite her. Her arms weren't strong, and she began to silently cry. "Help!"

"I got ya, kid." A voice says from above where she's laying, an arrow flying into the walker's skull, and the walker falling limp. Sophia threw it off and sobbed, wrapping her arms around her legs as she pulled them to her chest. "Shhh..."

"W-who are you...?" Sophia asks innocently, looking up at the beautiful black haired woman who saved her. She carried a bow and quiver of arrows with her. The woman kneeled beside Sophia, setting the bow down.

"Don't worry about that. Did you get bit? Scratched?" The woman asks, pulling Sophia's arms to examine them gently. Sophia shook her head.

"I-I was so scared..." Sophia whimpers out before tackling the woman in a hug. The woman tenses before gently hugging back. "You saved me."

"Yeah, I did." The woman rubs Sophia's back softly. "Do you know where your group is?" Sophia shakes her head. "Do you remember the way back to where that man left you?"

"U-um..." Sophia looks around, seeing a creek around them, a large cliff to their left. "N-no..."

"It's alright. Your group will send search parties, and we will look for them too." The woman wipes the tears from Sophia's eyes. "My name is Winter. What's yours?"

"S-Sophia..." Sophia stutters shyly.

"Well, that's a pretty name ya got." Winter smiles and helps Sophia from the ground. "C'mon Soph, we should go inside." She says, guiding Sophia to a small cabin hidden by tall bushes and vines. She had picked up her bow and placed it in her back, holding Sophia's hand in her left hand, with her right occupied with a long hunting knife, prepared for walkers. "C'mon."

Sophia hurried into the cabin before Winter closed and locked the door after going in after the girl. Sophia looked around curiously, seeing photo frames on walls, and some small tables. She looked around again and saw fur pelts around the room, and a couple rifles and shotguns hanging on the walls.

"You... Live here?" Sophia asks softly, looking at Winter, who opens a large filing cabinet which holds many sizes of clothes.

"Do you think these'll fit you? I don't think yer mum would like ya returning in clothes with dried blood." Winter says as she holds up a plain grey shirt, before pulling out comfortable pants for the night, for both Sophia and her.

"Y-yeah..." Sophia nods, taking the shirt and pants gently.

"And yes. This used to be my mom's old hunting cabin. She loved to go hunting and she'd teach me. She had given me this cabin before she had got into a car crash and passed away. She obviously didn't know she'd die, but she wanted me to have a place of my own, one I loved. So she gave me this cabin, and whatever I'd need." Winter explains, holding a small photo of a woman with brown hair, smiling with a little girl who held a small toy bow and arrow.

"What about your dad?" Sophia asks innocently, walking back into the small room after changing in the bathroom.

"Don't know. Haven't heard from him since my Mum passed. He probably thinks I am dead to. We were suppose to go home and see him, but I had got held back here due to some issues. Mum left and got into the crash, Dad just assumed I died too." Winter explains, running her thumb across a dusty picture of a smiling man, and the woman with brown hair.

The man had started to get grey hair in his beard and hair. This was taken years ago, when Winter was simply 18, two years before the car crash. Her mother's name was Irma, who was married to her father, Dale Horvath. She was supposed to have a little brother or sister, but they were killed in the car crash. She hoped she'd fin her father, alive, and not a walker.

"C'mon, kid. Let's get some sleep, we'll look for your group tomorrow." Winter says, putting the photos back in their places, and changing before following the small child into bed, where Sophia hugged Winter's torso for comfort. "I promise, I won't stop looking." She whispers for both of them, for Sophia's mom and group, and for her own father, wherever he may be.