~ Kushina x Minato Short Story ~

Start from the beginning

“...Fine. A D-Rank. You can go to the farm and help Enaki-san with her chores.” The Hokage grumbled, smoking his pipe. Kushina brightened up instantly.

“YES! I LOVE YOU, YA’ KNOW!” She said glomping the third, before turning around and running off towards the farm.

She sped down the street, dodging all the people, she soon found herself jumping on rooftops, feeling it’d be faster.

She soon arrived at the farm.

“Hello! Enaki-san! I’m here to do the chores, Ya’ Know!” Kushina yelled with a grin. The door of the house opened and a large woman walked out from the house.

“Hello-dear! Come over here! I’ll give you the list!” She yelled, ushering Kushina over. Kushina nodded and jogged over to the woman. “Here you go, please be careful with everything. I don't want you getting hurt.”

“I’ll be fine! I’m a ninja,” Kushina said grinning, and giving her a thumbs up.

“But you’re a girl,” Enaki said.

“So are you, is there something wrong with girls?” Kushina asked, tilting her head slightly.

“No-no-no-nothing, never mind. Here.” Enaki handed Kushina the list of chores. Kushina grinned and looked at the list and read it in her mind.

“Alright! It’ll be done before the sunset!” Kushina grinned. Enaki sighed and shook her head.

“Whatever you say. Thank you very much...”

“Kushina, Kushina Uzu-” Kushina’s hand went to her silver ring and she smiled softly, remembering Minato’s words. “Namikaze.” She corrected.

“Thank you, Namikaze-san.” Kushina shook her head with a soft smile.

“Nope, thank you, helps me out, ya-know. Now I gotta go work! Ya’ know.”

Kushina ran off and went to start the first thing on the list.

Fixing the roof of the barn for chickens. She climbed the wall with Chakra and first inspected what she had to do. Then looked to the items supplied for her. Then began working.

She finished in half an hour with four other chores to finish, with 4 more hours till sunset.

Next came picking the corn and apples. Kushina did the clone jutsu, creating 30 solid clones, and they all began working, picking everything that seemed ready. It took an hour, to get everything and put them in a neat pile on the blanket provided to tie up everything.

Next was taking eggs from the chickens.. That didn’t work out very well. Turns out chickens can feel intentions, and inner animals.

Foxes and Chickens don't mix at all.

She somehow did, manage to get the eggs, and most of them, unharmed.

Next was wash and dry the clothes, and clean the floors, that took a while, considering the wind was strong that day...

Kushina then, lastly, had to round up all the cows and get them back into the barn.

“There... I think thats all of em...” She said, wiping some sweat off her forehead with the back of her hand.

A ring of a cow bell from the pasture proved her wrong.

“DANG IT!” She yelled, scaring one cow that was next to her.

She sprinted to where she heard the cowbell, and saw the cow was going to enter the forest. She ran after it, knowing that it the sun was soon going to set, and she had to get out of the forest before then, since the sun was her indicator of where she was and how to get out.